*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831965-Fun-House
Rated: GC · Other · Action/Adventure · #1831965
Horror about a girl named Sal and a strange happening in an ammusment park.
Sal awakened slowly. Dazed at first, she tried to focus but she was still dizzy from the rollercoaster. At last, her eyes fixed on the empty booth, then beyond to the empty fairground. Sal looked around, she was lying on the ground next to her two friends, or maybe she should call them partners, I mean, they were partners in the S.W.A.E.S unit she thought to herself. Special Weapons and Explosives Squad, she joined the police force and managed to get promoted enough to join them. She remembers that they were celebrating her partner’s promotion with a fun day at the fairground, but the whole place looked deserted.
She looked at her dazed comrades who were lying on the floor. She got up and walked towards her first partner, Chris. She stopped suddenly as she realized her handgun was missing/ she groaned and shook Chris until he woke up. “Wah?” said Chris.
“Chris you ok?” asked Sal.
“Aye, I think so” answered Chris.
“Good you know where my handgun is?”
Chris looked at the pouch in which her gun was supposed to be in and then looked back at Sal “Nope sorry”.
Sal cursed under her breath but then asked “You have a spare magnum?”
Chris took a backpack of off his back and opened it. He rummaged around for a while when he said “Aha!” and pulled out an almost completely new 44. Magnum revolver and handed it to Sal.
“Thanks” said Sal.
“No problem, where’s Brian?” asked Chris.
Sal turned round to point at where she saw her other partner just minutes ago but to her shock he was not there. “I could have sworn he was right there” said Sal pointing to the spot.
“He must have found a way out or something.”
Chris looked around as he thought and spotted the main gate. “There’s the gate over there” announced Chris pointing at the gate. “Maybe Brian left that way”.
The two ran towards the gate very hopeful they would be getting out of this creepy place. As they reached the gate, they realized it was shut but not only that it was chained up with steel locks holding it together. There was no way Brian got out this way and neither were they. Sal also noticed that the chains and locks were rusted. Meaning that they had been there for quite some time.
“The gate’s a no-go but there must be a back entrance or something.” Said Sal.
She then turned around but stopped very suddenly. Chris was confused “what’s wrong?”
Sal put a finger to her lip, ordering him to be quiet and pointed forwards. In front of them there was a strange looking creature: it looked human but it was missing a few vital things, like one of its arms for example.
The creature was walking very slowly towards them, tripping over itself and almost falling over every step it took.
As it got closer and closer Sal could see it more clearly. Its skin was going green in colour, its eyes had rolled into his head and you couldn’t see his pupils, its clothes were ripped apart and covered in blood and the only sound it was making was a low, pathetic moan.
“Um do we shoot it?” asked Chris. “Because I don’t feel like waiting for it to get any closer.”
“Don’t shoot it might be just some erm… very… unlucky… guy?” said Sal knowing she was wrong but hoping she wasn’t.
Chris sighed and pulled out his handgun he aimed for the head. He was taking his time aiming because there was no way the creature was going to get him in time. He shot one bullet. Chris had missed his head and hit him in the shoulder. The creature stopped and didn’t move. “This thing is so weird” said Chris. “I shot him, it might not have killed him but he should be on the floor by now.”
The creature was not impressed and it showed it in a much unexpected way. It suddenly screamed at the top of its voice very high and angry it then sprinted towards Chris. “Oh no…” said Chris.
Chris attempted to run but the creature was too fast and it jumped onto Chris. “SAL! SAL! HELP!” shouted Chris.
He was holding it back from him, trying to push it away as it tried to bite his neck. “COME ON SAL SHOOT IT NOW!” screamed Chris.
“I can’t, I might hit you” said Sal feeling completely hopeless.
Chris was starting to lose the battle from exhaustion by holding the creature back. “That’s it!” he shouted taking a survival knife from his pocket.
He stabbed the creature right in the head. Suddenly its screams stopped and it lost all of its strength. It slouched and fell on top of Chris. Chris pushed it off of him and took his dagger out of the creature’s head he took out a cloth from his pocket and wiped the blood from it.
Sal was extremely upset with herself she couldn’t help her friend in a life or death situation? What kind of a partner is that? “Chris I…”
“Don’t bother, I’m cool.”
The one thing they could agree on was they needed to get out of the fairground. Chris spotted a map of the fairground. They walked over to it and looked at the ‘You are here’ part. The back entrance could be reached by going through the machinery room, where all the rides and mechanicals work.
The partners realized they were right next to the room and ran toward the door marked “Machinery and Maintenance STAFF ONLY”. Chris opened the door and realized the power was out. They both switched on their torches. Sal walked in first. They both didn’t dare talk; they were far too frightened off the possibility that another creature could be just round the corner.
Sal stopped at a corner and listened to see if there were any more creatures she heard none and signal to Chris that it was clear. She turned carefully and saw a sight that would haunt her forever. Rows and rows of seemingly dead creatures like the one outside were lying scattered around. Sal figured that if they weren’t breathing they wouldn’t get up. But that wasn’t the part that scarred her for life. There on the floor was her old partner Brian. She could only just recognize him because of his name tag but he was green and dead looking like all the others. She felt a small tear coming through but she held it in.
She snapped out of her trance and motioned Chris to keep going. Suddenly out of know where, a creature grabbed Sal and tried to bite her she screamed and managed push it away, smacking its head in with her torch she heard a large crack sound and blood squirted out. The creature was dazed she then pulled out her police baton and wacked it in the neck but the anger of seeing her partner dead fueled her and she took out her tazer, switched it on, and electrocuted the monster in the chin. The creature fell over, smoking from the electric shock, it was definitely dead.
“Wow…” said Chris speechless. “That was amazing”.
“Thanks”
“Ok, it’s time to get out of here.”
The two ran through the machinery until they finally got to the door. Chris was about to open the door but Sal said “wait”.
Chris looked at her confused. “What’s wrong?”
“We can’t go without leaving a goodbye present” she said taking out a bunch of C4 explosive and smiling.
“Heh this is why I like you Sal” said Chris smiling.
Sal strapped 5 pieces of C4 on some of the machinery and then said “all right it’s time to go”.
The two ran back to the door and opened it being careful to make sure there were no more monsters. They ran out of the door and out of the carnival at last they smelt fresh air and laughed at how happy they were to be out of the carnival. Sal couldn’t help herself and hugged Chris and pecked him on the cheek he blushed and smiled.
“Now it’s time for the final curtain” said Sal taking out the explosive trigger for the C4.
She pulled the trigger and the whole place exploded in a huge fiery wave of destruction. Sal smiled knowing they succeeded in their mission. “I can’t wait to tell the boss about this” said Chris.




Thanks for Reading and please review and rate also do you think I should make a sequel? I’m not sure… it’s up to you guys! Thanks again.

© Copyright 2011 SpyroMaster (spyroandcynder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831965-Fun-House