*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833763-Tidbits
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Writing · #1833763
pieces, flashes, not in chronological order-tidbits- one day will become a coherent story
He walked to the door, "Please, don't you walk away from me."
Over her shoulder, she yelled, "Leave me alone."
Pleading, he said, "Don't do this.  Don't puff up like a blow fish then turn around and leave me.  Can't you see that you're scared.  Fight through this.  You're a fighter; fight through this.  You can fight anything but this, me loving you, you will scurry away from."
She was angry and didn't want to negotiate, "Stop talking to me.  You don't deserve to talk to me, right now.  Please, please go away."
Calmly he stood in the middle of the sidewalk blocking her way.  He said, "This is love.  It's dirty, sordid.  We argue, we, at times don't like each other.  We fight.  We have sex.  The sex is mind-blowing and I think in that very moment that I will die and sometimes it's lame.  I make you crazy and cry.  And you, you - damn women, you make me fucking insane.  You make me loose control.  You make feel like the world is ablaze, but you make me feel!"
Silence.
He whispered calming down, "You make me."
She didn't responded.
He stood there.
He saw the wild flash across her eyes and then she pursed her lips, "Our sex is lame?"
He felt a punch to the chest and the blood rushed to his head.  "What?" He thought.  He was armed, ready for this battle.  This damn women was insane.  What? What the hell is she talking about? Sex lame.  Where in the hell did she get that from? He heard himself breathing; the sound was buzzing in his ears.  She stood there, waiting.  Wrath swarming around her but no longer running.


She picks up his phone and pelts him in the shoulder, scornfully saying, "Your girlfriend misses you."  His eyes widen but he catches himself and quickly reclaims his composure, "My girlfriend is none of your business." 

Some women have a fire breathing dragon on the inside, hers was just rousted awake.  Her inner merciless dragon slowly and with purpose ripped his limbs from his body enjoying his ragged screams, but on the outside she calmly stood up and coldly lock eyes with him.  She knew in that instant no matter how much of a gentlemen he had seemed over the last two weeks that he was no gentlemen.  He didn't deserve her anger or her time.  She walked over to the bed and gathered her belongings.

"Wait, what are you doing? Aren't we going to talk about this?"
"No."
"No. No, that's all your going to say."
"Yes."
"You and I, we shouldn't end things this way."
"I'm sure your girlfriend would appreciate you being so kind to me.  Just how long have you been dating?  How dare you treat your girlfriend like this!  You are a pig."
"You know nothing about my relationship with Allison.  Don't you begin to speak like you do. "
"Don't be angry and accusatory of me.  I'm not the one cheating. You are the one lying each and every day that you've been here to your girlfriend.  You are allowing her to live in a illusion.  If you truly loved her, which I'm assuming that you tell her that you do love her. Then you wouldn't feed her this bullshit.  You wouldn't find a reason to fuck someone else. And not just fuck but spend the last two weeks as if she doesn't exist. Look, I was leaving because from this revelation I feel that you aren't worthy of my time to have this discussion."
She turned and walked out. She wasn't going to slam the door he didn't deserve that much emotion from her.  As she gently closed the door behind her she heard him breathe deeply and say "Why can't we all just get along." In spite of her anger she had to smile.


The sky roared and the thunderheads covered the sun. A deluge erupted. She slowed to a jog. She could feel her wet clothes tugging at her skin and it felt like the world was pulling at her. It was irritating, the world pulling at her. She scratched. She still ran. This wasn't going to stop her. She can run longer than this afternoon thunderstorm. She ran.

admiring God's painting in the sky the orchid blue clouds are menacing. They are a towering ocean liner plowing through the delicate pastel sunset and, yet, the angst and anticipation of the coming storm settles my mind and stirs peace :)

© Copyright 2011 maya_amber (maya2amber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833763-Tidbits