*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835872-Writers-cramp-entry-Captured
by R.C.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1835872
my entry for the writers cramp. a man is being interviewed about what happened to a woman
There’s no other way to tell the story

He stared me down; his eyes like daggers trying to cut me open and reveal my secrets.

“That’s okay; just repeat it one more time”

I sighed. My jumpsuit was itchy, the handcuffs were too tight, and I hadn’t eaten for about a day.

“We were just standing around by the river, talking and getting away from our problems” I had told this story so many times I didn’t even cry anymore. I guess I paused though, because Mr. Davis ordered me to continue.

“Well, she was going to go grab some sodas from the car. Instead I offered to go, insisted on it actually. She said she wanted a Coke, and then I left her there. I grabbed the Coke’s and came back and she was gone. There was blood in the grass, and a bunch of the ground was all torn up. There was a little trail of blood on the ground, so I dropped the Coke’s and followed it.”

Somewhere I heard a click. It was very faint, but I recognized it as a recording device. I continued anyway.

“The sun was going down, but the trail still wasn’t done. It was all fresh too, so I knew she was at least still alive. But soon, it turned a greenish color. I didn’t know what it was then, but I guess now I can’t really deny that the answer was obvious. Eventually I found the end of the trail. The sun was completely down, total dark now. I was looking around like crazy trying to find something to tell me where she was, and then I saw the light.”

My throat was getting dry, so I took a cup of water off the table and drank greedily. Instead of being polite and putting it back on the table, I threw the plastic cup to the floor. Yeah, that’ll show em, I thought.

“It was this weird little light in the ground. It looked kinda like a blue Christmas light. I went over to it, hoping to pick it up and maybe use it as a light. As soon as I touched it I felt a shock, and then passed out”

“And you say you have proof of this?” Mr. Davis asked me. I raised my hands and showed him the burn marks on my right fingers.

“Can I continue now?” I asked. He nodded in approval.

“I woke up a while later, I guess a day maybe. I was in this weird cave. I was strapped to this table, an extremely uncomfortable one might I add. I heard someone scream, not Ashley, some older guy. He was screaming bloody murder. Eventually it stopped though, and that thing came over to me. It had some weird saw thing, all glowing and hot. It looked like a giant frog, fish mix. You ever seen the movie cowboys and aliens? It looked just like those dudes. It almost took off my arm with that saw thing, would have too if it wasn’t for some Asian dude who stabbed the freak to death.”

I saw the way Mr. Davis looked at me. He didn’t believe a word. He thought I was either lying or crazy. I thought I was crazy at first. Who wouldn’t?

“I don’t know how this guy got free, or even where he came from. He didn’t speak any English, but he helped me get the other people out of there. I found Ashley on the farthest table in the very back. She had this hole in her stomach, about the size of a dime. When I got her out she jumped up and hugged me. ‘I knew you would find me’ she said. ‘Of course I would’ I said. We all got out of there, about 20 people including me, Ashley, and that Asian dude. The cave tunnels seemed to go on forever, and it was full of those things. By the time me and Ashley made it out it was back to me, her, and that Asian guy. We all ran across this big field, but there were things in there too. One bit my leg and a few swarmed the Asian. He screamed something at me and tossed his knife before he fell. I caught it and ran with Ashley”

I felt tears prick at my eyes. I guess all they needed to come back was some water. I didn’t want to finish, but Mr. Davis insisted.

“Well, eventually we reached a road. We were both cut up bad, and that hole of hers had started to bleed again. I asked her about it and she turned to me, she had tears in her eyes, and said ‘It’s theirs’. I didn’t understand at first, so I asked what she meant. ‘I feel it wiggling inside of me. It keeps kicking my side, and I can’t stop tasting blood. I don’t know what they did to me, but I can’t go on like this’ I was still as confused as ever. She wasn’t talking straight. I suppose it was messing with her head too. She looked scared though, so scared. She told me to kill her before the thing did. When I said no she said she would do it herself and reached for the knife. Then… then the thing moved in her.”

My stomach threatened to spill its load of water, but I kept on. I was almost done.

“I knew I had to. The thing was only going to kill her, and maybe kill a lot of other people too. I laid her down in the grass. I kissed her. I held her head in my lap. I slit her throat. The thing, I heard it squeal like a pig. I cried and I puked and then the cops found me”
“And this is all true?” he asked me.

“I know how it sounds, but like I said, There’s no other way to tell the story
© Copyright 2011 R.C. (richcross at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835872-Writers-cramp-entry-Captured