*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840134-A-Great-Place-to-Visit
Rated: E · Other · Travel · #1840134
This is about Tarpon Springs Florida
If you love Greek food and culture you need to visit Tarpon Springs Florida. They have the best of everything there: Food, clothes, shoes, and the sponge docks. Also they have cruises on  the river and a great acquarium where you can feed sharks and stingrays! They have shows where divers get into the water and tell you about the sealife.

The restaurants are great! Pauls Seafood and Hellas Greek Restaurant are my two favorites. In the summer you can watch men roll cigars, smell the sea air, and window shop for real sponges...by the way they still do that...dive for sponges, its great!

In January they celebrate the Epiphany and its a sight to behold! The Greek Orthodox Church blesses the boats and the water. At the end of the blessing boys aged 16-18 jump into the lake to retrieve a wooden cross into the lake. The one that retrieves it is said to be blessed for a whole year.

So if you're looking for culture and good food, Tarpon Springs is the place to go!!!
© Copyright 2012 Michelina (bellissima at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840134-A-Great-Place-to-Visit