*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840655-Gone-wrong
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1840655
Was he lying or telling the truth?
         Waiting, worrying, worrying and waiting. Sitting at the dinner table; waiting. Everything set, dinner table, candle lights lit, and food. I spent all day trying to prepare, the peach colored table cloth; I went out and spent 30 dollars on last myself; wearing a red dress and black high heels, my hair pulled back, and my nails done. I pour myself a glass of wine, he said that he would be here at 8:30pm and its now 9:15pm. He said he would not miss our greatest dinner night, he said promised. Yet, he is still not here. I sigh upset and blow out the candle lights, wrap up his food and put it in the microwave. Then head upstairs. He must have gotten help up again, must have….i stopped waiting and I started worrying more and more. My mind bringing up the horrid thoughts and images. As I got ready for bed I shook my head, trying to shake the horrid memories of him cheating on me, or him in jail, or him dealing drugs. Shaking them making them go away was highly impossible. As I get under the covers and pull them up to my neck, I sigh and glance at the clock that now read, 9:55pm. I rub my eyes and groan. Turning to my side, I look at the empty side of the bed; once again I am going to bed…alone.
         At 12am, I hear the alarm go off and someone pressing in the code to shut it off quickly. My eyes still open, they have forced me to close them but I refused each time. Then the room door opens and it’s my husband, he looks at me; staring at the ceiling. “Where were you?” I asked my voice breaking. “At the jewelry store picking out something nice for you.” I faced him; on my side. I saw him holding a small, red, gift bad. He looked at me deeply as if her was struggling to set things right. “Forget it…” I turn the opposite way, closing my eyes and going to sleep, until I felt his hand burning my shoulder. “Baby, please let me explain.” I get up sighing in frustration and put my clothes over my night gown. Grabbing my care keys, he blocks the room door. “Please, let me explain!” I close my eyes and shake my head, “I’m tired of your lies and the false accusations of where you have been. I am done.” His eyes backed up with tears, he hung his head; tired. A fresh sigh escaped from his lips. “I respect your decision.” He finally said as I moved him out of my way and began to leave.
         Next thing I felt was arms hugging my legs and waist. I stop to look down; he was clinging to my waist; clutching. “Please don’t go. Please don’t leave me.” He had his eyes tightly shut. My heart filled with guilt for some reason, sighing, I put my hands on his head and lift it up. “Explain.” He let me go and was still up on his knees. “Well,” he wipes the tears from his dark brown eyes. “I- yesterday I saw you glaring at the diamond necklace in the window at Tiffany’s. And today I went there to get it for you,” he fiddles with the gift bag. “But, they were out…” “No, they-.” “Not what I wanted. I was looking for something like that but with something a little extra.” He hands me the bag, I look at it, hesitating; I take it and open it. it was the same diamond necklace only except for diamonds it had my birthstone and an heart shaped pendent. Everything that I wanted was on it. my birthstone, his name in cursive. I look at him, “For you my love.” I smile.
© Copyright 2012 Imagination (imagination90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840655-Gone-wrong