*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842010-The-Sensual-Moments-Newletter-12-11
Rated: GC · Other · Other · #1842010
December Recap Newsletter for SM
The Sensual Moments newsletter



** Image ID #1806645 Unavailable **


TABLE OF CONTENTS

OPENING LETTER
OUR PAST WINNERS
A SLIP OF THE TONGUE
MEET-OUR-MEMBERS SPOTLIGHT
LINKS AND ACTIVITIES
SEND US YOUR COMMENTS





OPENING LETTER


Hello everyone,
I'm proud to present our newsletter recapping the month of December. Though our weekly rounds suffered a minor drop in participation, those authors who did come out gave us some really fantastic reads! It continues to amaze me how much talent, new and veteran, we manage to attract in our little contest. A big thank you for our judges for their time and for providing prompts that inspire. As we close out 2011, we all look forward to continued success and growth in 2012. Watch for some exciting new changes on the horizon that we hope will make our forums and group more user-friendly too! Please remember we are always in need of judges - if you have some free time and enjoy reading and reviewing, please contact either myself or SinfulAngel39 and let us know you are ready to take the plunge! And lastly, if you would be interesting in joining our staff here at Sensual Infusion, please send us an email, we'd love to chat with you! Until next time, wishing you all sweet, sexy dreams and good tidings for the New Year to come! a new signature to celebrate publication

OUR WINNERS - DECEMBER

Please check out all our talented winners from our NDecember Rounds!


Round 1 - The Magic of the Holidays Prompt
 Completing the whole  (18+)
Erotic fiction contest entry. Prompt is magic. Story uses Irish mythology.
#1833900 by Talera



Round 2 - Female Elf Prompt
 Elf Tale  (XGC)
A little elf learns about Santa's ways- Sensual Moments Winner Dec. wk. 1
#1832278 by Amay


Round 3 - HoHoHo Holidays Prompt
NO ENTRIES

Round 4 - New Year's Eve Round
Year of Amber  (GC)
Short story entry for erotica contest, prompt being New Year
#1837093 by Talera


Special End of Month Round -Overall Winners
Year of Amber  (GC)
Short story entry for erotica contest, prompt being New Year
#1837093 by Talera


The weekly December rounds were quiet, still we had some great writers come out and strut their stuff. Please take a moment to check out our winner's contributions (and maybe give them a review as well) if you haven't already...






A SLIP OF THE TONGUE - SM EDITING CORNER *Kiss*


** Image ID #1826608 Unavailable **


Heya Everyone!
I thought I would use this space this month to set the stage for a series of sessions focusing specifically on the use of dialogue in fictional writing. I know crafting credible dialogue is a challenge for me, particularly in my erotica pieces. I'm always looking for advice on how to make my dialogue compelling and believeable. I want it to be part of what makes every piece work well. So, this month I'm going to cover a basic overview of 8 basic tips and then we'll expand on a few specific ones moving forward in future newsletters. You'll find these tips are very broad and general but the points are valid. Sound good? Okay, then here we go...

8 Tips for Fictional Dialogue borrowed gratefully from about.com/fictionalwriting....:

1. Listen to How People Actually Talk - Dialogue should take into account natural speech patterns, accents and other elements that bring life to real conversations.

2. Not Exactly like Real Speech - You don't want your dialogue to read like a transcript of a conversation so be careful to filter our filler words.

3. Too Much Info - Don't provide too much information at once. Let the conversation take a natural course, don't force in details.

4. Break Up Dialogue with Action - It is good to break up long stretches of dialogue with description. Make sure you give the reader chances to reconnect with your physical characters.

5. Don't Over Due Dialogue Tags - "He said and she said" work just fine. Don't waste energy trying to think of synonyms for "said".

6. Sterotypes, Profanity and Slang - Use all sparingly....*Unless of course use of such elements are paramount to the tone and content of your story...More on that later!

7. Read Widely - This is great advice for all writers looking to improve upon their skill sets. Read with abandon!

8. Punctuate Correctly - The rules for dialogue can be complex. Make sure you have a basic understanding of the rules in order to make your dialogue a wonderful component of your pieces. We'll cover some of the rules that govern dialogue next time!

http://fictionwriting.about.com/od/crafttechnique/tp/dialogue.htm




*Star* *Star* *Star* MEET-OUR-MEMBERS SPOTLIGHT *Star* *Star* *Star*


For this month's "Member Spotlight", I'm pleased to shine our spotlight on SinfulAngel39 . She has graciously stepped up and taken over the reins of our fierce little group and contest and kept it going strong. I thought you all would like the chance to get to know this amazing erotic lady so I asked her to answer a few questions for our readers....


> 1. 1.Tell us how long you have been a member of WDC and what if any, is the significance to
your handle?

Well I joined WDC back in April of 2011 after bookmarking the site months before planning to check it out at a future date time went by and i forgot about it until one day when i was clearing out my favorites list and there it was and as soon as I joined i was hooked.
As for my handle I have been asked how an angel can be sinful lol and my answer is that is my little secret, however if you asked my husband he would say there is more devil then angel in me....haha.

2. What is it about erotica that appeals to you as a writer? Do you explore any other genres?
I actually started out writing poetry as a teenager, then branched out into kids stories during a chat on yahoo with a friend that centered round the rhyme Hickory Dickory Dock, i just started making it up as i went along and Mel and Melinda mouse were born lol. Over the years my online persona formed and on a dare after a few racy chats *Blush* I wrote my first erotica story. From then on I explored my wild side and combined with my vivid imagination my collection of stories grew. Of course like most I have numerous unfinished pieces laying around lol. I think what appeals to me most about erotica is that I can create these vibrant and highly sexual worlds where anything is possible.

> 3. What has been your best experience here on WDC?
I would have to say it is meeting all the great people and making friends with some really talented writers and the honest opinions they share with me about my stories. They tell me the truth and don't sugar coat it. Sometimes its hard to hear or in this case read lol but it comes with the territory.


> 4. Have you had any publishing success or experiences with publishing that
> you could share with the group?

No successes yet, fingers crossed, I have had a couple of rejections but as for advice mostly be open to others criticisms of your writing, if our goal is to be published one day, understand that rejection is a part of the process and that with persistence you will one day have an acceptance to brag about on WDC. Anything is possible!


> 5. Tell us something interesting about you as a person? What would your fellow members be intrigued to know?
Hmm something about me...well I am approaching the big 40, there I said it lol I am on my second and last marriage, born and raised in West Virginia and married a New Yorker, let the wise cracks begin haha, We have twin 6 yr old girls, I am a domestic violence survivor, A lot of the sexy bits in my stories are directly from my imagination, meaning i have never experienced or tried some of them ( my secret as
to which ones I have). I used to have an alter ego for online sex play. I hope to be a published author one day. I could go on forever lol i tend to be a bit long winded, but I'll stop here. I need to leave some mystery after all huh...


LINKS AND ACTIVITIES


Have you checked out our new Message Forum?
 The Sensual Writers Forum  (18+)
Come on in and chat with us!
#1805024 by MD Maurice
We'd love to hear from you!



SEND US YOUR COMMENTS


We welcome your comments, positive or negative. Feedback helps us improve the contest, raffle, group and this newsletter. Please contact MD Maurice with any and all input!
© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842010-The-Sensual-Moments-Newletter-12-11