*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842414-My-Endless-Punishment
by CEH
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1842414
I undure pain beyond belief, with little to hope for.
Pain ripples over my legs, the new gash in my left knee fends off that of the jagged mess of my right. Again the monster lunges, for and instant I fell nothing, but the teeth tip about the fabric on my shoulder. New pain rushes up to the pool of blood gathering where my sleeve had been. With my body screaming at me I tried to doge the next attack. All my exertion To tired to scream the agony mounts, my time in this world would soon end. Fading I see my tormentor leave through the only door. A hot light engulf us, I force my eyes shut no need to lose what little sight I have. As the foot steps fall silent, laying in the puddle filling my room I pray for death. No amount of praying or wishing shall grant me the calm relief from my prison. Insurmountable agony rhythmically pounds over my entire body. Staring at the ceiling I know that I will not be left to die, I must be punished for my crime. Hinges squeaked brought a tremor more powerful then the hurting of my body, fear.

"Back again? What's wrong couldn't stay away?" I slurred out, forcing away all emotion.

I was lifted from the pool of blood, as much as I tried I could not stop my heart from pounding. Like a humming birds wings my heart fluttered, what waited for me would be much worse. The cold metal of the gurney burned my skin, as I was flopped down onto it. Unable to control myself I screamed a high piercing scream, and they twisted my limbs. They cut through my flesh, dug deep into my bone. As I passed into the warm embrace of darkness my only though was god no not my leg. Waking cold, sweating, but not alone they sat me up. In front of a large mirror, my right leg was missing just a stump. What is worse, like a legless rag doll I have been sewn up. Stitched tight so my flesh stretched every muscle movement threatened to pop the seems holding me together.

With grossly silent smiles they threw me back into my cell. Dried blood clung to me, I rolled helplessly on the floor. I had defied the law, I had been caught in a rebel warehouse. They had starved me for weeks trying to get names, and weeks more until I supposedly cracked, giving them names of high ranking generals. The fools had executed their only hope of defecting the rebellion. No one would have know if it weren't for that traitorous little girl, her sweet smile had been smashed in and those big blue eyes plucked from her skull. Everyday the war grew closer to ending, so I would wait patiently. Again and again the pronged whip would eat my flesh, my wounds sewn up.

© Copyright 2012 CEH (telly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842414-My-Endless-Punishment