*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842615-Rhyme-and-Reason
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1842615
This is an expression of the journey we all struggle while attempting to find purpose.

                        The wind rushes through the trees. A lonely leaf is caught in the breeze. It flips and floats from side to side, and upstream of air makes it glide. Striding with purpose momentarily before the twists and turns of chance begin to dance. Up and down round and round tempting the ground.
Skimming the surface, finality approaches.  Just before the final score a gust slips beneath the leaf.
Higher and higher as the wind desires the journey does not end, it merely begins. As it transcends again higher and higher it flicks like fire.
Scraping the sky as the suns rays shimmer across its shiny sides, once again it glides with peace as the graceful gusts cease.
The wonderful show depends upon the wind. The leaf is lifted by faith alone. For it is mercifully allowed to roam.
By grace it was taken to another place. Gently it lands into the river of life, slowly flowing without struggle or strife, resting securely swiftly flowing into the city of eternity.
A place of joy, a reservation of preservation where nothing can cease to exist. Nothing can be wasted or made in vain.
Everything that is or will be comes from the name above all names who stays the same and will never change. The king of kings and the lord of Glory. Thus the end of my story.

                                                                                                                              By: Bryce Suter
© Copyright 2012 baddestboy32 (baddestboy32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842615-Rhyme-and-Reason