*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844540-Man-Enough
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #1844540
The social difference created by trading carnality for spirituality.


I’m not man enough to fill the hole in your soul.
Your need supersedes my abilities. The expanse of your desire is a chasm that would swallow me whole.
On my hands and knees I have made it this far, understanding that the closer I am to the ground the less it hurts when I fall.
My heart cowers from repeated failure as I have pursued the impossible. I am smitten by the sin of engaging in a battle I cannot win. To please the unpleasable, to satiate the insatiable, and quench the unquenchable.
Although I am broken and torn at the realization that I cannot be what I set out to be my spirit is unperturbed. I have learned a valuable lesson. It’s easy now to see when someone outreaches me; they may feel the need to proceed to chase the vanity with all their vigor. I cannot expend the precious energy of a single lifetime. It is too important to waste on the things that do not satisfy. I cannot feed the starving with anything other than the truth. If they refuse then what can I say or do?

I’m not man enough to fill the hole in your soul.

Isaiah 55
“Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
© Copyright 2012 baddestboy32 (baddestboy32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844540-Man-Enough