*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843659-Thing--Chapter-7
Rated: 13+ · Other · Teen · #1843659
Chapter 7- Fix You
"I shouldn't have taken him from you Em, I was jealous," the look in her eyes made me believe her for once, a single tear rolled down her left cheek, making her eyeliner run down down her face. I almost started to cry too, I didn't want to admit it at the time but I had really missed her, I didn't hate her, I wanted to fix her, help her, save her from herself.

"I'm sorry too, I was a bitch. Lucas never wanted me Gem, and he doesn't want me now, he wont't even speak to me now and I've done nothing wrong," at this point I was crying too, stood in the middle of the street. "I'm so stupid, you probably don't want to be friends with me again, I was horrible to you."

"Em, I'll always want to be your friend, your best friend, no wait, your sister! You're that one friend nobody can live without, these past few days have made me realise that. I took you for granted and I shouldn't have."

We ran to each other and hugged, it felt like a TV moment but in real life. I couldn't believe I had fallen out with Gem over something so stupid. Nothing would ever come between us again. I hoped anyway. I felt really bad for bitching about her after that. All those horrible things I said behind her back replayed in my head, but she told me that she had done it too, so it wasn't all that bad. I still didn't trust her fully, but Gem was my friend again, my 'sister' as she had put it, she was always so much girlier than me.

Gem came to mine after we stopped hugging, she told me all about her day long relationship with Lucas, she told me about how awkward it was because she asked him to get with her to try and make me jealous, which I admitted to her, worked. She told me how much persuasion it took, he told her he didn't want me, she lied to me in the street just to grab my attention shich I didn;t mind because if she hadn't have said it then we wouldn;t have been friends again. Gem made me realise Lucas wasn't all that. He was a bore, he was akward and most of all, he wasn't the easiest person in the world to talk to, it took a lot to keep a conversation going.

That afternoon, me and Gem decided not to have prom dates on that Friday. It was Tuesday evening, pretty much three days before the event anyway, we weren't going to get dates in threee days, we decided. It was pointless anyway, going with a randomer you probably didn't like anyway when you could go with your best friends and have a really good time. Me and Gem already had our dresses, hair and make up planned for Friday evening when she would yet again be getting ready at mine because her house was being decorated. A dark purple satin and net number, the most girly thing I had ever worn. It had diamante on the boice and netting and it trailed slightly across the floor, and best of all, apparently it really suited me. Gem was going to make me over on prom night, give me a new look like she had promised before, which probably wouldn't last long but it was worth a shot.

When Gem went home I checked my emails, I wasn't expecting much, but I definatly wasn;t expecting what I saw next...
© Copyright 2012 E.C.Ware (em_ware at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843659-Thing--Chapter-7