*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843660-The-Divorce-Case
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #1843660
Doing legwork for the law firm is not a piece of cake that he thought it would be
The law firm employs four investigators and sometimes they work as the firm’s security officers, depending on the workload. Alice, a retired cop, is one of the investigators. She is pulled off security duty to the boss’s office, Dana Spears. She sends her to Ernest Anderson, a lawyer, office.
"I need you to catch a husband in a compromising position on this divorce I’m working," the lawyer says.
"Okay," Alice replies.
He gives her a folder. "That’s what you need to know."
"Right."

Alice goes to the library room to read the information in the folder. Martin, a paralegal, walks up to her and sits beside her. "What do you have?" He asks.
"A divorce case," she says.
"Who do it belongs to?"
"Anderson."
"Another woman?"
"I believe it’s a man being another woman."
"Huh?"
"I got to find out for sure."
"In the field."
"Where else?"
"Can I come along?"
"Why?"
"I think it would be fun to see a legman at work."
"I’m a woman."
He grins his embarrassment away. "You know what I mean."

Alice sees from the expression on Martin’s face, he does not know this area of center city, after happy hours, becomes a haven for hustlers of all pervasions. "You’re okay?" She asks.
"Yeah. I’m fine," he stammers.
She tells herself. "Next time he won't jump to conclusion this will be a piece of cake job."

Alice steers the car along the streets in the area. Martin is dumbfounded of the transition from day to night. She parks the car in an all night parking lot. "We walk from here," she says. She notices he is hesitating to mingle with the night people. "Don’t worry I got your back," she says.
"You got a gun?"
"Hell no. Stay with me like you were my boy toy."
"What?"
"Just stay close to me."

The tall man, about to pass Alice and Marty in their stroll, is muscular with a blonde wig, not fitting in a woman's blouse, or in a tight leather mini-skirt that makes him take tiny steps in his high heels with the hope that his hips wiggle, sends Martin a 'I want you' stare as they pass each other, making Martin shout, "I'm her boy toy." Alice looks and understands what happen and then tease Martin with a grin.

They stroll the streets until she says, "there he is." Martin is more concern with keeping an eye out for his safety from the people he is sure lived one time or another on the state's most dangerous prison cellblock.
"Come on," she says. Martin follows close, at moments too close, making her tell him not to follow her too close.

Alice stops at a corner. "We’ll hang here for a few minutes."
"What for?" He asks in a manner of an attempt to hide his fear.
"I’ll let you know."
"How long?"
"I said. I’ll let you know. Just move when I move."

The time arrives. "Come on," she says. Martin keeps pace with her until she stops at the entrance of an alleyway. They see the man on his knees before a man in drag. The man in drag raises his miniskirt to expose his penis.
Martin is flabbergasted at the sight. Alice notices.
"You want to take it?" She asks.
"What?"
She puts the spy camera into his hands. He's reluctant.
"Take it," she hurries him.
He fumbles to get familiar with the camera. She sees he may alert the two men down the alley. She grabs the camera and takes the photograph, and then moves on with Martin close behind her.
"Are we finished?" He asks.
"Yeah," Alice says.
"Good," he says with a breath of relief.
Alice grins. END
© Copyright 2012 writergeorge (davisga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843660-The-Divorce-Case