*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845319-The-Last-Cruise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1845319
What happens when your in the middle of the ocean, and the ship is over run by vampires?


It was dark. They had cut the power. They were every where. They had gotten the staff first, and now they were after us, the kids. Oh, and by they, I mean the Vampires.

My name is Jane Hawthorne, and my short life of seventeen years is about to end. In just one hour, I went from being a rich kid stuck on a cruise while my hateful parents went skying in Denver, to hiding for my life. One hour ago I didn't have a care in the world. The only thing that concerned me was if my fingernail polish matched my bikini.

currently, I was behind a deck chair looking for the opportunity to run. Kids were running every where, screaming and crying. It was complete chaos. Then this boy that was running by was swept up so fast I couldn't see it. One minute there, and the next, gone.

The Vampires were quick, and quiet. They moved silently, making no noise while sneaking up on you. They were pale white, and had sharp teeth. There dark eyes looked empty and soulless. They wore all black and long dark coats, so they blended into the dark better.

They had cut the power, and it wasn't so we couldn't call for help. We are in the middle of the Ocean, no form of help could arrive fast enough. They had cut the power because it was a game to them. To see us scared and shaking. To let us run and hide, just so they could sniff us out and hunt us down.

The opportunity came and I took it. I ran across the deck, down the stairs and into the lounge. Hearing something, I duck behind a couch as a Vampire sticks his head in and starts to sniff.

I put my hands over my mouth and hold my breath, trying to be as quiet as possible. One little noise would have him coming after me in a second.

He stepped inside the room and started coming my way. He was half way there when a kid screamed from outside. He quickly turned and left in pursuit of the scream.

I quickly left the lounge and went in search of a better place to hide, like an empty staff closet or something. On my way I ran into these little kids. A boy and a girl. They looked about six or seven, they had the same hair and eye color, so they must be related. Their eyes were red from crying and they were shaking. They looked tired and helpless.

" Hi there, it's okay, come with me I'll keep you safe. " I said.

The older one, the boy, started to smile and nod his head. Then his smile faded as his sister screamed. I got that feeling you get when your being watched. looking up, I saw a Vampire standing right over us.

" Run! " I yelled, as I ran. It wasn't until I reach the hall ways that I noticed the kids weren't with me. They must have ran the other way, and the Vampire must have went after them. I started to tear up, but I made myself keep going.

I found myself in a maze of pitch black hallways. I had to feel my way. keeping my right hand on the wall, I came across a door, but it was locked. After a few more feet I found another door. Luck was finally on my side, it opened. I felt my way through the dark room, hitting the bed and bumping the night stand. I stumbled upon the closet and slid the door open and got in. closing the door back. Hopefully the Vampires will think this room is vacant and move on.

I sat there for a few minutes processing every thing that has happened in the past hour and a half. How I could die any moment now, and even if by some miracle I make it, how my life will never be the same.

I came out of my thoughts shivering, I hadn't realized I was cold. How could I be cold, it was summer. I guess I'm just terrified. Peeking out the door to make sure they weren't coming, I shut the door back and reached up to feel for a jacket or something. I couldn't get anything off the hangers.

Then some one handed me a jacket.

" Thank you. " I said, before remembering that I was supposed to be alone.

" You're welcome. " Said the Vampire.






© Copyright 2012 Hollowmelody (hollowmelody at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845319-The-Last-Cruise