*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845370-Future-of-girl-child
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by soni
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Dark · #1845370
Resposibilities of the middle class towards the poor!
As i switch through the different television channels trying very hard to avoid the gruesome coverage of the atrocities bestowed on a two year old baby girl in New Delhi, i am suddenly reminded by my two year old angel in her shrieking voice, "mama please tell me the story of browny bear". I look into her innocent eyes and hug her, thanking God at the same time that me and my daughter are the blessed ones, TOUCHWOOD!!!!With a population of 1.2 Billion people in India and with 71% of the population below the poverty line, the number of neglected, unwanted kids has risen.And to top it all if you are a girl, the problem increases multifold. The girl in question is a two year old girl, nicknamed palak by the Indian media.She was abandoned by her own mother, who was herself abandoned by her husband.The person whom she handed over the baby to was a human trafficker, who in turn handed over the baby to a 14 year old girl whom he sexually assaulted. The teen in question ill treated the girl and the baby landed up in a top hospital with brusies, brain injury, battling for life. When i told my husband about it, he shrugged the entire issue(Knowing very well that i get emotional on the very mention of a girl child being ill treated!!!) saying,"this is the story of India". But can we, the honourable citizens of this country just shrug it like that.How much will the affluent give;and how many programmes will the government launch that will bite the dust!!With money being centered in small pockets amounting to millions and the poor getting poorer, what resposibilty does the middle class in this country take? Imagine, if every citizen in this populous country wakes up to the evil called poverty and does its bit to the society by adopting even one citizen/child in need, what a beautiful country it will evolve into.By adopting i mean imparting knowledge, providing for there basic necessities which will amount to a very small amount of your pocket money.Why should philanthropy be a topic for the rich.Why cant even the middle class get involved for this noble cause.The day we start using the word "GIVE", and pay less emphasis on "ME", is the day we will be called the proud citizens of our country.
© Copyright 2012 soni (sonikaambasta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845370-Future-of-girl-child