*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847034-The-Virus
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1847034
A virus is spreading across the nation. Darcy and others can only stop it. Can they do it?
I stood on my balcony, looking over the beautiful city of the lights and ocean waves. I love all so much--too bad I'm gonna have to let it go.
I sighed and looked at my watch--1:05 AM. I glanced back at the city and closed the balcony doors. I grabbed my black Aeropostale jacket and put on my black Nike's. I looked in the mirror before I left--my pale-blond hair reaching to my middle-spine; my grayish-blue eyes; and a white cami and short, denim, jean shorts. I combed back my side-bangs from my face and left the room. I looked down the dark hall--everyone's asleep. Good. I hustled down the staircase and into the kitchen. I ripped off a piece of paper, for a scrap piece, and a pen.

Dear Family,
I have to leave. People need me. I'm sorry. The virus is spreading and soon enough, it'll come to you all. I'm not going to bring my phone--they'll find it and immediately take it. Please don't answer the door, phone, or leave this house what-so-ever. Don't let anyone come in, either. They could have the virus or worse. Much worse. Plus, I NEED to do this. I'm not the little five year-old girl that you all once known--I'm almost eighteen . . . and I'm going to do this whether you like it or not. Understand that I'm doing this because I love you all TOO much to let you suffer.
Goodbye.

Yours forever and always,
Darcy xoxo


A tear fell onto the torn peice of paper. I wiped them away from my cheek and left the note there for them to read. I went into the foyer and opened the front door. A blast of mildly-cold, fall, air hit me dead-on. I slipped on my jacket and closed the door behind me.

~~~~~~

So, this is what you can say a Prologue of a little sample of my writing. ...I WOULD make it into a book--like, with chapter and all--but, I don't have a membership, and don't look forward to getting one. Lol. Sooo, here it is. (: I hope y'all like it. Peace out!! :D
© Copyright 2012 RandomMe (randomme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847034-The-Virus