*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1848431-lesson-5-exercise
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1848431
lesson 5 ps
{size 3.5}
Lesson Five Exercise
*Boxcheck* Correct the following sentences using the rules from this week's lesson.
*Boxcheck* Double-check your hunches by reviewing the lesson. The rules and examples are all there.
*Boxcheck* Besides the apostrophe, we also learned more about the role of italics this week.
*Boxcheck* Check and double-check.
*Boxcheck* I dare say that the rules covered on this page are some of the most commonly broken rules, so refer back

to the rules and examples. There should be 21 corrections in this exercise. ALL of the corrections are for rules we

studied in THIS LESSON. The Princess misspelled words, used words incorrectly, and really tried to trick you.

1. The whole problem was made worse by him lying about where hed been.
1. The whole problem was made worse by his lying about where he'd been.
2. The Thomass house was burglarized while they were on they're vacation.
2. The Thomases' house was burglarized while they were on their vacation.
3. Him not leaving the waitress tip showed his stinginess.
3. His not leaving the waitress's tip showed his stinginess.
4. Its about time the ambulance turned on its lights.
4. It's about time the ambulance turned on its lights.
5. Thank goodness Mrs. Hatchs second pan of cookies didnt suffer the first batches fate.
5. Thank goodness Mrs. Hatchses' second pan of cookie's didn't suffer the first batches fate.
6. Ramirezs jacket was stolen from the mens locker room at work.
6. Ramirezes' jacket was stolen from the men's locker room at work.
7. Its not easy making a word with two xes.
7. It's not easy making a word with two x's.
8. Charlotte made two a's, three b's, and two c's on her report card.
8. Charlotte made two As, three Bs, and two Cs on her report card.
9. Lieutenant Provenza found Brenda and Fritzes FBI badges on the bedside table.
9. Lieutenant Provenza found Brenda's and Fritze's FBI badges on the bedside table.
10. You giving me this merit badge means so much to me.
10. Your giving me this merit badge means so much to me.



© Copyright 2012 dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG (vpbanjo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1848431-lesson-5-exercise