*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849307-PE-5---External-Crisis
by ~MM~
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1849307
Lok'yi & Tarnic face CM troopers
Intermediate, external crisis:



Lok’yi has decided to take Tarnic back to the brood lair, despite Tarnic’s continued weaken (but improving) physical state.  There is great risk attached to such a decision – hunters are gathering in the area & Tarnic’s presence will greatly slow the ‘phibians.  Also, there is substantial species prejudice against humans back at the lair; bringing a human, even a partially ‘tame’ human will have severe repercussions.

Lok’bri is very set against protecting Tarnic.  It is becoming more aggressive and less tolerant of both its mentor, Lok’yi, and of Tak’ro, and this is becoming an issue Lok’yi must address soon.



Tarnic is determined to get away from the lizards and make it back to the Shadowsail and find out if a) the comms signal has been answered and/or b) the crew have developed symptoms of the fever.  By helping Tak’ro pack, he was able to secrete a large amount of dried bosa leaves in his backpack.  If he is able to get back to the ship, he may be able to prevent deaths from the swamp fever. 



However, unbeknownst to him, Tarnic’s wrist-comms is still sending out a tracking beam and this has been picked up by the Shadowsail.  Dr Lee heads up a rescue party to find Tarnic and bring him back.  Unfortunately, the rescue party run into a patrol of Core troopers and are shot out of hand.  Sara survives only because Tarnic and the lizards arrive and manage to kill the troopers in return.



Lok’yi is faced with the notion that human allegiance may be split along brood-like lines, in which case is there the possibility of an alliance between the Shadow humans and the ‘phibians?

© Copyright 2012 ~MM~ (miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849307-PE-5---External-Crisis