*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849699-Back-to-the-future-part-IV
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1849699
Amidst post environmental destruction, marty mcfly is mankinds only hope.
Back to the future part IV : The End of All

The dark oblivion of space shook Marty to his very core. He had no comprehension of this world that appeared before him. The time coordinates were set exactly one thousand years into the future, yet the future of his expectations nowhere near aligned with reality. For this future was so cold, so dark and so utterly bleak.
Earth had become nothing more than a wasteland, all natural resources... gone. Civilisation... non existent. The buildings that once stood a testament to the will power of man and the advancement of mankind was now nowhere to be seen. For this Earth that was once so dear to him, was now utterly unrecognisable.
Back to the year 2011, back to a time when it wasn’t too late to save the planet. Science professionals and ecologists warned that Earth’s resources were running thin. Warned that if something was not done soon, life as civilisation knew it would obliterate and disappear entirely.
If only someone had listened. Because in a world where atmospheric temperatures had caused massive heat waves and growing temperatures had caused the melting of the polar ice caps. In a world where action and change meant nothing to a government who only seeked power and money, if only someone had told them it would mean the end of all.
Now seeing the chaos and the destruction that had unfolded because of carelessness, Marty wondered WHY. Why had nothing ever been done, how could have civilisation been so careless. His mind searched frantically for answers Why! Why!.
Then the answer his mind had been searching for jumped up at him. This other future he had stumbled upon had been for a reason. It was not too late. Something could still be done. Earth and its fate had not yet been sealed. He could travel back in time and save everything he held dear, by showing political leaders the truth.
Marty hastily set the time coordinates to save humanity and mother nature from the clutches of careless thought. He realised now how important it was for something to be done, because Earths time had not run out.
He took one last look at the barren wasteland that was his home. The Earthy soil, once so abundant now completely lifeless and infertile, and the world itself only charred remains of what it once was. The men and women who once showed love the symbol for all society and mankind, now nowhere to be seen.
Ecologists and conservationists had warned governments of the risk’s society was taking, but no one listened. It would seem that the only thing that would wake world leaders from their slumber of ignorance would be proof.
Marty knew now why Doc Brown had sent him back to the future; it would be Marty who would prevent the End of All.
© Copyright 2012 Authangor (authangor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849699-Back-to-the-future-part-IV