*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850493-Sean
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #1850493
Psychosis and love are a lethal combination.
Grasping Evelyn's warm and supple hands, Sean sprinted towards the elevator. The dainty miss fluttered in his enticing grip, and the two yielded in the tight elevator. He pressed a grey button labeled "Pavilion" and the elevator shot forth towards the heavens. The lights of the floors shone through the elevator as it passed each one, a stripe of orange light rippling over their bodies. Sean stared at Evelyn, her hair perfectly quaffed into a delicate position, sitting precariously atop her head and felt the urge to smother her with his affection. But he waited calmly, breathing in and out and staring contently into the side of her face.

Evelyn breathed deeply. She too, was overwhelmed by tight emotions. "What was he up to? What does he have planned?" Evelyn grasped her chest tightly. She was swollen with feeling, about to burst.

The elevator slowed to a halt and waited. Evelyn looked at Sean. Sean looked back. Their eyes met and immediately turned away. The beginning of the end was upon them.

The doors flung open and light flooded the tiny elevator. They were on the roof, overlooking a cloud-draped New York Skyline. The immense Haverford Building pierced through the thick layer of wandering clouds, and opened up to its "Pavilion" level, which viewed the earth from a position seen only by air crafts. The massive spire's roof was a square with heated floors that kept the area moderately warm to avoid sending viewers into hypothermic shock. Yet, the potential of such an occurrence scared away most prospective visitors.

Sean was not so afraid.

He's spent thousands of hours atop the isolated spire, looking at the meandering clouds as the crashed or skimmed other buildings. He saw the people below as microscopic organelle, blurs of moving and shifting dots and colors that moved simultaneously like an enormous amoeba. He watched these people with a new-found intensity, a hateful view of humanity for the crimes it has committed against him. He found solace atop the spire, looking down. The rooftop soothed him as much as humanity infuriated him.

"Come, Evelyn! Look around! Isn't it stunning? We're so high up!" Sean yelled, twirling around on the open "Pavilion" floor. He moved quickly, his arms thrown forth to the sky. Evelyn inched her way out of the elevator, adamant on staying away from the edge. Sean walked precariously near it, swinging on the antennae and playing Daredevil with the floor heaters. Evelyn scorned him, but he did not care.

"Come on, lighten up!" He yelled.

"Sean, I don't feel comfortable..."

"Evelyn, I wanted to show you this because I care deeply about you." He ran over and grasped her supple, gentle hands. They rested in his jagged, scarred palms like ethereal doves, too pristine for this mortal world.

"Its lovely, really. And that's sweet as well," Evelyn moaned. "Why does this always happen... err, I enjoy your company. You're a great guy, with charming characteristics. But I'm your counselor. We cannot be together."

"So If I left the psychosis clinic, you'd be my Goddess?"

"Your goddess? Um, no. But I'll be your friend."

"You are my everything. I cannot exist without you. You are the sun." His arm flew to the sky, pointing at the incandescent orb. "You are my eternity." Sean moved closer and closer as he spoke, breathing deeply. Evelyn sighed calmly, unmoved in the face of danger.

"I will always love you as a patient, as a mentee, and as a friend. But Sean, I'm married. We've discussed Joseph many times. Don't you remember?"

"Joseph is not me. You don't love him."

"I do love him. We have a baby girl together. I've shown you the pictures."

"He hurts you."

"Well...., he didn't--"

"You said it. He hurts you and bruises you. You deserve better; you deserve more."

"Sean, I love my husband and he loves me."

"Do you like pain?"

"No, but--" Sean slapped Evelyn, right across the face.

"Do you enjoy this? If pain is what you want, I can supply that to you." He slapped her again, harder than before, with the back of his massive hands. Evelyn immediately began crying and Sean continued to slap her.

"I'm doing this to satisfy you. Is this what you want?"

He continued to slap and punch and batter her with hands and feat. Evelyn sobbed and moaned, slapped back and forth until she finally was slapped backwards one last time, and thrown off the side of the building. She broke through the layer of clouds, plummeting 198 floors before slamming into the asphalt sidewalk. Sean could hear the screams of dismay and terror from atop the building. He ran to the elevator, pressed "GROUND" and held the "CLOSE DOOR" button until he reached the lobby. A group of people had already gathered around the lobby, staring at the broken body, whose organs has ruptured outwards and had spread about the pavement like a red smorgasbord.

The ambulance arrived and even the EMTs were shocked by the true gruesomeness of the crime scene. Police cruisers rolled up and a massive crowd of mourning viewers stood around the bodies as the technicians gathered her organs. A bone rested in the gutter, sent flying from her arm as she hit the pavement at nearly 100 meters per second. Her teeth were shattered into glittering diamond dust that painted her face and gave it a shimmering appeal. Her entire body was completely unrecognizable, asides her face, which was surprisingly in tact.

The paramedics took the body away and the crowd dispersed quickly. Police officers began investigating, and Sean saw it best to make his leave.

He took three brisks steps and smirked voraciously. He constricted his massive hands and opened them. He was bleeding, a large gash in the center of his hardened hands. The white of a shard of Evelyn's femur could be seen lodged within the bloody fissure in his hand.

"We'll always be together through the pains we have endured."
© Copyright 2012 Da Xiong (xlee145 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850493-Sean