*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830331-On-Egoism
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Essay · Opinion · #1830331
A brief essay.
Sometimes, it is in our best interests to follow our best interests. The world is so absorbed in the pursuit of peace that it has begun war upon itself. As a means of correcting the wrongs of others, we have created more problems. The United States is so enthralled in this invisible plan of world domination that it has forgotten its people and its primary supporters. In an attempt to control the world, it has forgotten to protect the very people it survives. This is the righteousness of egoism, and how it is both so malevolent and so inviting.

Everyone in a way is egoistic. Even the most altruistic of denizens reserve their share of money in order to benefit themselves and their families. People naturally are born to protect themselves and those they love. We mate to survive, to continue our legacies. We eat to survive, to nourish our bodies. There is nothing in the opus of human nature that speaks of generosity or solidarity. The ancients did not consider the humanity of others, nor did they consider their own humanity. People did not cling to life as dearly as they do now, nor did they worship death as we do now. Countries of the Ancient Era protected themselves, provided for themselves, sustained themselves and defending themselves. These very countries have survived for thousands of years, untouched and barely changed. Great nations like France, though rocked by political turmoil in the 19th and 18th Century, were sequestered and unwilling to partake in the wars of fighting nations. They have survived for so long for this very reason. Despite a few obligations, they have maintained sequestration and are benefiting for it.

It is in human nature to protect one's self-interests. Not to focus on the idiotic squabbles of others, or to thrust your will onto another. For isn't that an objection of another person's natural duty?
© Copyright 2011 Da Xiong (xlee145 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830331-On-Egoism