*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850827-Zodaccia-Realms-of-Chaos-preview2
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Sci-fi · #1850827
Continuation of the first preview.
31

  Vam’paero were celebrated far and wide throughout countless dimensions and realities, hailed as the justifiers of the gods, soldiers sent by the deities, and by others as the deities themselves.

  Vam’paero numbered into nearly twenty generations of direct lineage, and nearly thousands of hybrid sub-colonies which blossomed into a massive society of super-beings working like a hive to perfect their goals.

  The legendary home of the Vam’paero was said to be a solar system which orbited a unique set of binary stars, while in fact the stars themselves were the resting place of the legendary beings and their benefactor.

Cyria and Deimos, the celestial siblings which gave life to the diverse planetary systems around them, also nurtured the powerful union and procreation between the original Father and Mother Vam’paero beings, neither of whom were indigenous to Cyria.

  Turbulance and Malevolance were born as different people, Turbulance deriving from a completely different dimension, while Malevolance had been born into royalty as the princess of a fluid world known as Sultanea in a neighboring galaxy to that which harbors Cyria and Deimos.

  Lord Inferno Anubyz; imperial monarch to the world within Cyria; known as Avylahn, first sensed the arrival of Turbulance upon Deimos nearly one-thousand years before he actually made the trip to the sister star to collect the entity.

For nearly five hundred Zodaccian years preluding Turbulance, the colonial civilizations of Deimos and Cyria waged war upon one another, the inhabitants of Deimos being a violent and hateful society nearly as powerful as that which Inferno had nourished within Cyria, trying to dethrone Inferno and the royal family in order to set a new order of anarchy upon the system.



32

  Turbulance’s arrival marked the end of the war, as well as the end of every inhabitant on Bestidos, the planet within Deimos, similar to Avylahn of Cyria.

Over the thousand year period, the Avylahnite people watched the bright reds and purples of Deimos’ energy dwindle then darken, changing as the inhabitants are slaughtered mercilessly by the raging turbulence within the sister star, believing it to be the response of their deities.

  It took Turbulance less than fifty Zodaccian years to destroy a planet five times that of Jupiter, leaving him as the only living being on the planet for nearly a full millennium, absorbing and feeding on the torrents of energy around the planet.

  When the wicked energy of the turbulence subsided, Inferno traveled to the sister planet in order to prospect the desecrated lands, but upon exit from his transport was presented with the being known to his people as the turbulent chaos.

  By this time, the savage violent beast which destroyed the planet and its likewise violent and harmful civilizations found calm within himself, having dispatched of the negative energy which influenced his actions and gave him his new Zodaccian appearance.

  The language barrier between the Emperor and this odd-faced survivor dwindled swiftly as telepathic communications took precedence over their meeting, one of the abilities of the new being.

Turbulance adorned the new alias immediately after learning that the people of Cyria had called him “the turbulence of Bestidos” for centuries, and after several visits from Inferno, he was brought to Avylahn and presented to the people as the peace bringer and a gift from the gods to end the suffering caused by the Bestidons.



33

  Within two thousand years: Turbulance rose to be the right hand of Inferno and his royal family, dispatching of violent offenders of the peace with extreme malice and absorbing their energies to further expand his already flamboyant list of abilities.

  Princess Tre’Sha of the Sultanean realm was introduced to Avylahn in an arrangement of marriage between herself and the prince of Avylahn; Griffin Anubyz, son of Inferno and friend to Turbulance…however, Griffin found no attraction or desire for the amorphous being.

  At once there was a connection between the aquatic princess and the energetic powerhouse which was far more than the polymorphic traits they both possessed, followed by a courtship of nearly two centuries, in which Turbulance made frequent visits to the Sultanean planet to hide away with the princess in secret.

When King Arthos finally learned of his daughters’ courtship to a being not of noble decent he went into a tyrant rage, commanding his armies to prepare for a full scale attack on Avylahn and her children after sending Turbulance away with the affront of peace as long as he never were to return.

  Turbulance was dispatched by Inferno upon receipt of this plan, back to Sultanea, in hopes that a simple show of strength might aid the King in his decision against this pointless war, but Arthos instead became more ruthless than ever after being presented the same scoundrel who’d made a fool of him with his eldest daughter.

  Impressive weaponry engaged Turbulance outside the planets’ atmosphere, but all of it was easily absorbed by him and his impressive knack for raw energy.



34

  Tre’Sha yearned for her love so deeply that the turbulent rage of her suitor became part of her own physiology thanks to the growing telepathic bridge between her and her chosen lover, and her change from Tre’Sha; heir to the Sultanean throne, to Malevolance; bride of the turbulence culminated in an extremely violent display as she changed herself to more uniquely reflect her lover.

  King Arthos lost his life to his daughters sudden fit of rage. The drifting royal coral palace, a city in itself nearly rendered to rubble and destruction at the hands of its own monarch-to-be, only then to be abandoned by her.

  The image of Turbulance floating outside the planetary shield and the changing princess on the other side became a symbol in their newly conjoined life together. Before passing through the planetary shield, her form changed to mimic his, even her face adorned a similar marking to that which his was covered by, and a brilliant burst of light energy so bright it could be seen light years away then dazzled the universe with their display of love and communion.

  It would be nearly two-thousand years before the former princess would return to her home world for refuge without her beloved, their first offspring in arm as well as a different child, not of her genomes—which will be explained further as we go along.

  Inferno and his family welcomed the princess into their quarters with open arms to be with her beloved, what else could his majesty do now that she was a fugitive of her own world because of her allegiance to his? Without the interference of Tre’Sha his majesty would never have known of the attack her father had planned. Not to mention Turbulance had been extremely diverted in his focus to duty the entire time he had been courting his new heartthrob, and with her always awaiting his return at home, Inferno hoped he would regain the diligence and focus of his most powerful of weapons and security…which he did.

35

  Eventually Griffin would be forced to succeed his father, the imperial gem implanted in the beings forehead began to warp his mind and taint his good heart with power and greed. Turbulance was forced to face off against the imperial power in order to continue protecting the world he now called home…

  The battle brought about a closer companionship between Malevolance and her husband, as well as Griffin and whom he considered to be his equal and brother. Turbulance defeated the powerful Inferno in a legendary battle which left scars on the Avylanian surface made by their impacts and power surges.

  More importantly, the battle brought about an unnatural evolution in Turbulance, which spiked his strength far beyond that of Inferno and anything else Zodaccia had ever seen.

  Over the next thousand years, Griffin was inexorably corrupted by the evil in his father’s crowned jewel, and inevitably followed in his fathers’ footsteps, becoming a tyrant and even more wicked than his father had ever become.

  Within him, the goodness pried itself away, separating his inner child from his physiology and giving life to Azrael, thanks to the influence and abilities learned and developed by Turbulance in training with the youthful prince, and Azrael sought to the same being for protection and solitude from the evil counterpart it had successfully now left behind.

  Knowing full well Griffin would destroy this more pure rendition of himself from before the change to darkness, Turbulance hid the boy away, hoping to raise the child as if he were his own and never allow the emperor the chance to question the “new arrival”.

Gryphinne; named after the emperor while still a prolific prince of peace - as a tribute to his parents, Inferno and his wife; Tseinovaugh Kai (Say-nova-ky)

36

for all they had done for Turbulance and Malevolance, became a close friend to Azrael in their youth, believing Azrael to be his twin sibling.

  As Azrael and Gryphinne came into maturity, the changes in their physical bodies gave no doubt to Emperor Griffin that Azrael was not of the same lineage to his supposed brother. The veil was pulled away from Azrael, and Griffin became enraged to find that such a mutiny had been concealed for nearly two decades after nearly three millennia of history between Turbulance and himself.

  Turbulance had been away on duty in a far quadrant of the universe so Malevolance acted swiftly, running back to Sultanea with her family in fear of prosecution by the dark lord.

  She contacted her champion with their unique telepathic connection, alerting him to the situation and all the while utilizing the sophisticated technologies of Sultanea to hold back the imperial forces of Avylahn while Turbulance rushed as fast as he could to the place where he claimed his beloved, fearing the worst when the contact was broken between him and his wife just hours before he plunged beneath the watery atmosphere.

  When he arrived he found Sultanea in ruin and the queen, his mother-in-law, in her last moments.

  She told him what had happened, pleading with him to save her daughter and grandchild, speaking of unthinkable horrors and miseries which had been promised by the Avylanian Emperor. Then in her last breaths she spoke of an artifact in which he must retrieve before going home.

Before the end of Armagg-Eden, the original existence, there had been speculation and rumor as to how Turbulance received a blessing from the deity Entrocia, which brought him the strength to defeat his would-be brother.



37

  According to Malevolance, however, the scrolls of Entrocian Light were a kept secret entrusted only to her family and their closest consorts. The secret society had been robbed of the scroll eons previous in a time when the deities played active roles in the growth of existence, but in truth had been hidden from all but the matriarch of the royal Sultanean bloodline, and the location passed only to her predecessors as a last right on the death bed.

  When Turbulance finally arrived home, his wife and child were bound before him by the imperial armies, Azrael kept at his knees at the throne of the emperor, himself.

He was welcomed as treacherous and judged as such by the ordained right of the Emperor, and for his crimes against the throne he would be forced to either execute his three consorts and be allowed to leave Zodaccia forever, or all four of them would be killed by Griffin himself…saving Turbulance for last, so he would witness the death of his precious family and take the memory to the next life.

Instead, Turbulance offered a third option: Griffin was to stand down after decreeing the freedom of the cosmos and destroying the monarchy, then leave Zodaccia forever as he had demanded of Turbulance.

Griffin found humor at first in the arrogance of his illegitimate brother, but as Turbulance approached him without fear, his comical demeanor melded away into hatred and rage.

The battle started off as expected, Turbulance being pummeled along the planet and even dangled above a crowd like a ragdoll, but as the emperor approached those marked for execution, Turbulance began to shine with a radiant silvery energy and pull himself from the palace floor, his eyes illuminating brightly in golden energy.



38

  Within moments, Griffin was beaten into submission by this long haired silver-everywhere being, which retained that same antagonistic facial design as the weakling he had just made “play-time” with.

  Griffin was again read his choice, in a voice echoed by thunder and blindingly brilliant flashes of light, seeming to come from every position in the cosmos and shine down into a column around the new super-being.

  A demi-god had been born in Turbulance, under the grace of Entrocia, but the emperor would not recognize this.

  Griffin defied the commandments of the being, believing himself to be truly ordained by the gods and favored by them as well, and was smote for his arrogance.

Turbulance attempted to deliver unto the universe, freedom and justice without the necessity of monarchy, but instead was revered and commanded by the universe to act as their monarch. Despite unwavering denial and disapproval of many a prophecy regarding him as a deity or the divine hand of the deities, Turbulance was brought into another dimension of existence by Entrocia, and given an ultimatum.

  She foretold of chaos and suffering in the future now that the creators had been reintroduced to the constructs, and whether he desired the position as their advocate or not, the possession of Entrocian Light bound him in a celestial contract to do their work, and educate the third dimension to the truth.

  He hadn’t understood the necessity, but being pulled right out of one part of existence to another for the second time had succeeded in earning the deities his full attention, if that hadn't been enough then the prospect of being in the presence of a true celestial creator would surely make up for the slack.



39

  Entrocia brought Turbulance back to Avylahn herself, in the flesh (so to speak) and delivered unto the universe her holy decree while the champion of existence would sulk and detest the cheers and chants for his presence and authority, knowing full well the validity of her claims in the realm of the deities was being confirmed by the masses of his peers by such celebrations.

Entrocia had told him in not so many words that he had a choice:

Accept the responsibility in which he had incurred by use of the scroll, or allow the crumbling of the third dimension of existence at the hands of corrupted power in the near future to rest on his shoulders as a burden forever more.

The cosmos erupted in the thunderous cheers from entire planets, rumbling their approval and excitement as Turbulance knelt before the deity and accepted the title: Guardian of the Light.

Over the next sixty-thousand years, prolific enhancements in technology and sciences pour forth an age of tranquility and growth like nothing before under the watchful eyes of Turbulance, Azrael, and Gryphinne.

Malevolance births twelve more children, who together begin forming the early council of Light and Power. The council is named as such in Zodaccian tongue: Elantro (ee-lon-tro) Vam’paero (vah'm-pay-roh), The Order of Light and Power.

  Turbulance and Azrael soon construct a machine they call Oblivion, which serves at first as merely security, transport, and energy redirection for mundane, but necessary workings of technology throughout their section of the universe, home to several million species of intelligent life.

Nearing the twenty-thousandth year of the Vam’paero reign, Gryphinne designs a new form of energy and technological structuring, which serves two major purposes.

40

  The first of which to occur brings a prospect of living energy to Oblivion, sparking the change between machine to living entity. The first entirely synthetic life is created within her and artificial life is hypothetically born, using the same technologies Gryphinne amplifies his own energy and triggers an evolution like none have ever seen.

  The Nexxyz is born when the heir and one of his fathers close and personal friends; Fier’N’ocht create a vortex of artificial and cosmic energies and are swallowed into the event horizon, causing a reaction that conjoins the two in a state of fused essence.

  The occurrence costs Fier his ability to help raise his child, Raine of the Vam’paero, who is also Turbulance’s granddaughter born to his eldest daughter; Malba Aurora of the Vam’paero, and keeps him occupied in this new phantom realm with Gryphinne until the child is well into her second decade of life and the two of them return in surprisingly good condition.

By this time, Oblivion is already stretching herself across the universe and applying technological advancements far beyond that of any biological being could ever hope, tying the entire third dimension into an intricately woven cybernetic web of circuitry, energy, and the first renditions of her infamous Psiforce technology.

Soon the deities summon the Vam’paero, commending them for their magnificent works in Zodaccia and offering them new horizons in which to spread their talents for prolific advancement.

By popular vote of his family, Turbulance and Malevolance present themselves to the deities and accept the honor and burden on behalf of their family. They return to their family with new energies which are incorporated into Oblivions’ algorithms, to open the inter-dimensional gates and begin spreading their colonies into the farthest regions of Armagg-Eden.

41

  Soon all of existence knows of the Vam’paero and their unstoppable tidal energy.

         ….          ….          ….Feed interruption…

  Differences in dimensional reality negate the ability to remain upon a steady and selective timeline from this point forward, as each dimension of reality has its own specific physical algorithm and timescale.



  The archives must be truncated according to category…

  Please input category algorithm… …command overridden…

…Accessing main biorhythmic integration protocols.  Algorithm enhancement level one.

  …Commencing synchronization with host bio-patterns.

  Synchronization complete, OniDamhmus anchor algorithms detected.  Upgrade of physiologic encryption available…

  Successful docking with host one confirmed.

          Successful docking with host two confirmed.

Successful docking with host three confirmed.

    Initiating the deoxyribonucleic encryption.

  Source parameters truncated successfully.

         Beginning Upgrades…  …  …

  Target location; prototype – status: Successful.

- Upgrade complete.

42

  Target location; prototype – status: Successful.

- Upgrade complete.



  Target location; prototype – status: Successful.

- Upgrade complete.

         Reactivating deoxyribonucleic mainframe…

Synchronization of bio-patterns complete, energy grid functional, initiating host shell…























Quantum reality

Chapter 4



  The brothers groan and slowly pull themselves into sitting positions, their bodies tingling and writhing as if creepy crawlies had burrowed under their skins.

  “Ungh I think I got hit by a planet…” Corey complains, gripping his forehead firmly.

  “Yeah, did you guys visit the misty dark realm?  Oblivion’s voice?” Jason asks, scratching at the odd sensation in his right shoulder.

    “Algorithms and upgrades?”  Jaisen confirms.

    “Looks like we’re all on the same page.”  Corey adds, then;

  “Where is sensei?”  All of them perk with a spook, remembering the events previous and the healthy beating they received by an apparent ghost.

  A slight beeping begins to sound in the back of their minds-eyes, but then suddenly their vision begins to blink as what seems to be a cursor begins displaying readings and encryption code while scrolling through their vision.

  “Uuuuhhhh…Jaisen?  Hey, you’re good with computers and stuff, right?  So what’s all the code mean?” Corey asks.

  “You see it too?  It’s not a language I’m familiar with, although it looks very reminiscent of the programming that I’ve seen Turbulance making in my visions.”

  “Wiggy.” Jason adds.

44

  “Wiggy?” Corey asks with a smirk.

  “That’s a new one.” The oldest adds.

  “Trying it on…”

  “Take it back to the store, it don’t fit.” The older smirks.

  “Yeah, it didn’t sound as good as it did in my head…”

  Suddenly their visions clear, a strobe vector begins to tug their visions to the left, Corey to the right, bringing them all to see a small glowing tripod crosshair and cloud of energy beyond them, each of them in a color pertaining to themselves; cyan, crimson, and emerald.

  “Sensei…” Jaisen says, knowingly as his brow furrows and he takes stance.

  “Yeah, I think so too.”  Jason chimes, doing the same.

  “Good…the auto functions seem to be active and operational, your physical eyes can now detect the non physical.  Meet me on the astral plain, we have some things to discuss.”

  “Hey, what was with the mosh-pit roughhousing, earlier, huh?!” Corey demands, heatedly.

  “Unless you wish to receive a second helping, do as your sensei instructed you.”

  “Yes sensei.” The three assert.

  As the fog of the astral begins to clear, the boys find themselves maintained within a sphere, separating into their own segments which converge upon a hexagonal platform, elemental insignias glowing beneath them; lightning, fire, and ice.

  “Whoa… this is new…”

45

  “It’s like the hyper-dimensional chamber in Turbulance’s tower.”

  “Correct, Entropion.  Welcome to your personal dimensional control panel.”

  “That voice.  I know that wretched voice!  The screams of torment and suffering underlining the dark pressure of every word!  You are the Devil!  You’re a MONSTER!  All these years, you’ve haunted me and taken my sanity away!  Show yourself!  AZRAEL!”

  “I apologize for your mental discomfort Temper, I would never inflict such horrors upon the psyche of a light-being without absolute necessity.  Please, calm yourself, I will pass unto you the means of overcoming your developed insecurities and scars.”

  “Fuck you.” Corey’s voice shudders with detest and hatred as he whips around in his small diamond-shaped chamber, looking for the source of the loathsome voice.

  “An understandable reaction, in time you will come to accept our connection, and put aside your petty human emotions…lest ye condemn your entire kind, in every fragment of this existence where they exist, to be wiped from time and soon followed by the entirety of existence itself.”

  “What are you talking about?”

  “The Xanthian has arrived in your dimension, you have seen them and I have been training you under the identity of Khan Chang Pi, because you are the next breed of anchoring prototype to Oblivion’s supreme champions of the ZephyrreztarrE existence.”

  “The OniDamhmus.”

  “Correct, Entropion.  Your essence protocols were altered before activation of your bio-patterns.  While in your generation state within your primary genetic construct, “mothers” as you call them, the original

46

randomized algorithms were replaced with hybrid prototype encryptions.  You are the first of your kind, capable of Oblivion Evolution.”

  “We’re…bio-mechanisms?  Like, androids or some shit?”

  “Or some shit…To access your upgrades available for incorporation you will initiate your Psiforce holocrons embedded in your left shoulders.  This is why your astral units have been re-constructed to appear as your human forms.”

  “So you… are Master Chang?” His anger apparent in his voice, feeling completely betrayed by the old man he had come to trust.

  “Correct.  Your upgrades are currently at base level integration, and you can strengthen and incorporate to them using the chaotic energies of the Xanthians you face within your dimension.  You have three major enhancement keys, each connecting to a specific wavelength of energy throughout the ZephyrreztarrE; The physical, the astral, and the dimensional keys each contain archive algorithms and can initiate one specific upgrade within the collective protocol.”

  “It’s a little weird that I understand what the hell you’re talking about.”

  “Your protocols are equipped with data categorizing, meaning as you come into contact with operational commands, your subconscious will automatically pull information from the archives directly from Oblivion’s mainframe.  This will allow you to adapt quantum equation of this dimension and its direct affiliates without the necessity of study or traditional education.”

  “Wiggy.”

  “You sell-out copy cat son of a…”



47

  “What if I refuse to have anything to do with this?  With you?  You’re deceitful and sadistic!  I’ve seen what you do to the souls that come to you, My race calls you by many names, but the most prominent is SATAN, and I refuse to acknowledge you as an ally!”

  “Refusal to cooperate and assist your brothers will cause a destabilization in the matrix of your dimension’s structure.  All three of you radiating your Oni counterpart simultaneously creates a generative firewall against the Xanthian negative energies capable of physically altering the structures there, and without your participation your brothers will not be able to access their own advancements and condemn your planet and eventually your entire dimension to consumption by the Xanthian.

  So if you are so self righteous to refuse this calling, then understand that you are far worse a creature than I have ever been, despite the timeless suffering I have oppressed upon the souls of dark and wicked beings since before this existence was even a thought.”

  “Corey…I know you’ve suffered and that Azrael was a direct means of that suffering, but what’s the point of it if you just turn your back on the millions of others…billions of others who will suffer just like you by your rejecting this calling?”

  “Far worse than you have suffered, in fact.  The Xanthian does not decipher between the light and darkness of souls, both are equally targeted and despised for their presence in existence.  When a soul is consumed by the Xanthian, its consciousness becomes permanently integrated to the Xanthians negativity, and torture beyond anything of my doing befalls the essence without end.  Only when the Xanthian has been destroyed shall those souls be free to rest and released from their unworthy trauma and torture.”

  “These upgrades, you said we can integrate three at a time?”

48

  “Which can be improved as you learn more about your specific elemental qualities embedded in the dimensional key, the more you understand about your dimensions quantum mechanics, the more you can temporarily adjust the physics specific to your elemental class.”

  “And the point of doing all of this, that is I mean, having such a heavy importance on our roles in this mission?”

  “Other dimensions have given rise to ancient civilizations who were able to identify visions and energies stemming from the Order of Light and Power.  They have foretold of a cataclysm that shall befall the dimensions in just over three year’s time.  A parallel timeline runs through all dimensions, though the events of such timelines can be different according to the specifics of each singular dimensional reality.”

  “Two-thousand and twelve…the Mayan calendar…”

  “So if the Xanthians overpower us here, they get all of the dimensions where Earth resides?”

  “And eventually the entire structured algorithm of the ZephyrreztarrE.  If the Xanthians integrate you, they have a direct link to the Oni, and thus to Oblivion.”

  “She and you were the only survivors… I remember this vision now.  The day the Vam’paero fell.  Your entire existence crumbled to the Xanthian because it made contact with the big blue-haired boss man and integrated him.  Taking the father Vam’paero like that gave it a telepathic link to all of the descendents of the benefactor.  Your existence fell in the blink of an eye…even the deities and the celestial beings were devoured and integrated… which is how it knows how to create new energies capable of breaking through Oblivion’s new existence.”

  “Oblivion and I were not the only actual survivors, nor direct lineage to the Order.  Thus our telepathic link was not a set phenomenon.  Oblivion was

49

overlooked by the Xanthian because of her synthetic nature, despite having a living essence and free will…a soul…she was able to encrypt her data logs and use a technique introduced by the first heir of the Order, which gave her the means of creating the Zephyrre and locking herself away with the processes that ultimately created everything you know.”

  “So all that Bible stuff, religion, none of it is real?”

  “All conscious beings have the purpose and ability to create energetic algorithms within substructures of the dimensional array of this existence.  Deities are thus born of popular practice and belief by the free conscious creativity of Oblivions creations.  Allah, Jehovah, Christ, Manol, as well as thousands of other deities worshipped by diverse cultures throughout the cosmos do actually exist in specific growths of the dimensional strings.

  The purpose is to enhance the energies collected through the chaotic process of creation in order to maintain an intensely diverse restructuring of the core processes and rejuvenate algorithms the Xanthian has come to understand.”

  “So God is real?”

  “God is a collective consciousness derived by the believers in His presence.  Every time the will of God brings forth purity and positive energy, the souls who have bound themselves to a denomination which preaches and aligns to His glory, subsequently improve and strengthen the entire collective of His believers, while negative and destructive energies degrade and separate the human race in full and their ability to evolve and compensate for the dark energies of the Xanthian.  The same is true for all other deities.”

  “Those of us who claim no deity, how do our energies play a role, if deities are the means of rejuvenating Oblivion and her programming?”

  “Religion is not necessary, but all forms are beneficial.  Prolific action regenerates decay in existence no matter which deity the energy is focused

50

through.  That being said, unique beliefs such as your own, which harbor no alignment to a focal point are amongst some of the most powerful and useful wavelengths of energy life can produce, because it does not pass through a filter.

  A problem with free spiritualism such as yours, however, is that there is no collective protection against corruption of these energies, no safety in numbers.  When focused correctly, such unique energies can be detrimental to Xanthian radiation, and has been able to completely wash entire realities clean of their stink.  Which is why we have been sure to keep your minds clear of religious necessity, and now you can understand the true purpose and focus your energy directly from the core of existence; Oblivions heart.

  We just need to teach you how to tap into the collectives of energy of all universally intelligent species in order to use them like a lens in which you can project pure streams of energy against the enemy.”

  “So civilizations create deities…but it doesn’t matter what you believe, as long as you live for the right reasons and stand up for the well being of everything.”

  “So I just wanna dumb this down, real fast.  All our lives weve been led to belive that the deities and religions of others were more annoying than real, and now I find out that the deities, although not xactly what is preached, are one-hundred percent real, completely necessary to us, and were going to use them to slay Xanthians like they are ants under a magnifying glass?”

  “Correct.”

  “Show me how to use this power, Prince of Darkness or not, I will not let my brothers fight this thing alone.”

  “I agree, I don’t really care about the religious politics in truth, if it’s real it’s real, I just want to make sure people have the right to their own lives and beliefs.  Train us.  Show us how to use these tools.”

51

  “Once you have accepted this duty, it cannot be disregarded, and you will no longer have my presence as Khan Chang Pi to guide you.”

  “A guardian must require no leader, minimal guidance aside from the knowledge of right and wrong.  A guardian must make the decisions that others cannot.  Right?  I have made my decision, Azrael, and it lies parallel with my brothers.”

  “So shall it be, from this day forth you are no longer humans, no longer Jaisen McClaney, Corey Wrigben, or Jason Wrigben.  You shall be known as Entropion, Temper, and ExoGlyce; Secondary sentinels in the army of Oblivion, disciples of the Order of Light and Power.

  Your abilities will be temporary enhancements, capable of functioning for only a specific period of time directly proportionate to your spiritual essence until you expand that power.

  The first key can be unlocked by your physical self, and thus will enhance your physical bodies.

  The dimensional key is specific to you as well, and allows you to intertwine your position on the physical dimension with the astral dimension, so the enhancements are transferrable into your reality.

  The spiritual key links you to your brothers, and allows you to share a physical ability for as many spiritual keys that are aligned.  This will allow you to adhere to the physical ability of your brothers as if it were your own.

  The dimensional key works only for its host, and will grant you and only you a specialized elemental control that will allow you to warp physical space using the specific qualities of your elemental alignment.

  Entropion, you are aligned with the elemental abilities of Turbulance, so remember your place and where your power derives.  The visions you have and will continue to experience hold information which will unlock new

52

abilities in regards to energy manipulation similar to that of my fallen brother.

  Temper, your suffering as I advised was not a punishment, but an education…for you are aligned with my essence and the visions of me and my realm are what you will use to unlock your strength of rage and fiery brimstone element.

  ExoGlyce…”

  “Gryphinne, I get that… but I dont understand the element, I have had no visions of Gryphinne using ice.”

  “Gryphinne’s power stems from the crystallization of his parent’s power, and the strength such power generates.  It is a versatile and polymorphous type of energy, yet sturdy and formidable as a barrier between the differences of molecular structure.”

  “Solid, to liquid, to gas and even the extremes between, with the ability to both counteract as well as improve the stability of all other elements.  I understand this just a little too well I think.”

  “The three of you will radiate energies which are mostly non-efficient against the Xanthian polarity, but when all three radiant energies converge, a flux will occur that will entrap and separate the residual Xanthian extremity from its host and dissect its core essences for further reverse engineering by Oblivion.”

  “Are there limitations to using these abilities?”

  “As you grow in strength, your limitations will expand and become less.”

  “So there is no technical limitation?”

  “Only your own will to progress and evolve, you are your own limitation.”

53

  “That’s a lot of power to entrust to our species, you sure you’re making the right decision there, oh sinister one?”

  “Oblivion has been forced into a very tight predicament, you are a new species altogether, now, and if she had not been forced to involve such questionably intense measures of risk taking, she never would have.  Do not let us down, humans, the fate of all existence rests directly within your six shaky hands.”

  The brothers’ consciousnesses fade from the astral dimension, restoring their vision and presence in the dry lake beds, southeast of Las Vegas.

  They look to each other with an air of overwhelming responsibility weighing their voices into silence, the trip to their homes go without a word neither physical nor telepathic.

  Jasien enters his fathers’ house, met by the man with folded arms and concern stricken irritability across his face.

  “You were out all night, again.  You look like hell, and cripes, Jaisen, is that blood on your face?  What is going on with you lately?”

  “It’s fine dad, the Wrigbens and I just had a little run in with those mutant things while we were sparring and training...had to educate the mutants about strong moral fiber and compassion for others…”

  “I’m starting to wonder about yours, Jaisen.  I found this in your lock-drawer when I was setting your mail on your vanity.”  The man holds up an oil burner, more widely known as a “glass dick” or “pizzo” used for smoking methamphetamines.

  “You picked my lock?!” Jaisen says, his eyes narrowing as his anger suddenly rises sharply.



54

  “Is this speed, Jaisen?  Are you doing speed?  Is that why you’re up every night and all night? Why you can’t focus on studies, or keep a job? “

  “No!”  He pauses, furrowing his brows and looking down and away from his father’s accusing stare.  “I mean…not anymore.  I had no choice dad… I couldn’t keep enough energy to do what needed to be done.”

  “How long has it been since you used, Jaisen?  You haven’t been doing what needed to be done ever since you got involved with those damn Wrigben boys and that old china man, Peepee.”

  “Its Pi, dad… Master Pi.”

  “That’s another thing, you call him master, is he hooking you boys on the junk so he can take advantage of you?”

  “Dad!” Jaisen protests with vigor.  “Don’t talk about my Sensei that way.”

  “Sensei, huh?  Drugs, fighting, you’re withering away, I don’t even know who you are anymore!”

  “I’m the same kid you made with that druggy of a mother I have two and a half decades ago!  I’m just changing like everyone does!  So what If I had a moment of experimentation with some meth, I have hard training exercises and lots of very hard regiments, okay?  It was a mistake and I don’t plan on doing it again.  It ruined my focus, anyhow.”

  “How long since you last used?!”

  “Two weeks.”

  His father suddenly lunges for him, Delbert McClaney lost in worry and rage and panic.  He affirms a grip to his son’s shoulders, whipping him away from the sliding glass back door and into the center of the front room.

  “I’ll give you a fucking training regiment you little drug-head!”

55

  Jaisen struggles against the older man, surprisingly strong for his age and lacking height, a few inches below Jaisen, who was just shy of five-foot-eight, far from a behemoth himself and being the shortest member of his trio.

  The two of them tussle, before Jaisen’s aggravation spikes, causing an electrical discharge to burst from him, shattering the lights of the fan above in power surge, then the rest of the bulbs and appliances throughout the house.

  Before he realizes it, Jaisen has brought his father down into a half guard and is starting to apply the jujitsu learned from his former sensei.

  He snaps to rationale again, releasing his father and rolling away, standing again with trepidation and confusion, not knowing how to handle the situation.

  His father looks around, completely caught off guard and spooked by the pops and bursts of his electronics, which now fizzle and spark and smoke as he slowly pulls himself to stand.

  “I think it’s time for you to move, Jaisen.”  His father says with a lingering aggravation, not willing to risk another quarrel after being shown that his son’s martial arts were far more formidable than his high school wrestling experience.

  “You’re right, Dad…I have to move so you will be safe.”

  “You think you’re a threat to me, boy?!” His father demands, taking a firm step towards his son and brandishing his knuckles.

  “Not in the way you’re taking it Dad.  I know I haven’t been the best son to you, with all of the sacrifices you’ve made for me.  If I stay here, then my enemies will come to find me and you might get hurt in the crossfire.  I couldn’t live with that on my conscience, pops.”



56

  “Enemies?”  His father calms slightly.

  “Jaisen, as mad as I might be with you, you can always come to me if you’re in trouble, if you’ve made some drug lord mad, we can fix it.”

  “I’m done with the drugs, dad.  I don’t need’em, and unfortunately it’s not anything that simple.  My enemies can’t be escaped by any traditional means.”

  “What kind of trouble are you in Jaisen?”

  “It’s really safer if you know as little about it as possible.  Master Pi is dead, they’re coming after Corey, Jason and I, and we are the only ones who can stop them.”

  “Jaisen…what did you boys do?”

  “I’m sorry, dad.  I never should have fought back against you, you aren’t my enemy.  Those damn mutants are, and they have my scent now.”

  “Jaisen, please.  Let me help you.  Whatever it is, whoever they are, we can fight them together.”

  “Dad, there is a lot you don’t know about me, and most of it wouldn’t even be believable or make sense.  Please, just let me handle this, alright?  I have to go pack a few essentials.  I have to leave Vegas as soon as possible.”

  “Leave Vegas?  Why?”

  “I cant talk about it, dad.  You wouldn’t believe me anyhow.  You don’t believe in that supernatural crap anyhow.”

  “Are you high right now?”

  Jaisen sighs, moving to his father and embracing him softly.



57

  “No dad, unfortunately I really am as crazy as I sound…I love you, I have to go.”

  It took the better part of an hour to arrange his duffel and pack, as he came from his room his father stood in the doorway, tears shimmering in their struggle not to fall from his eyelids.

  “Can we talk about this? I’m sorry I lost my temper, I was just so scared of losing you like your mother.”

  “Don’t worry, pops, you have my word I will never touch anything like meth again.  I don’t need it anymore, and I was a fool to think I did back then.”

  “Stay here Jaisen, we can work through this.”

  His son smiles to him softly, looking down as he hikes the bag over his shoulder.  “I’m sorry, dad.”

  Del nods his head slowly, the tears now flowing freely as he realizes his son was not to be convinced otherwise.

  “You…come back if you get in over your head, boy.  You hear me?” His voice cracks painfully, a sniffle shucking from him as he clutches his son firmly, causing the boys eyes to water as he clings for a firm hug as well.

  “You did good by me, pops, real good.  Thank you…for everything.  One day I’ll pay it back, I swear.”

  “Come back to me in one piece, and we’ll call it paid up, yeah?”

  Jaisen clutches his father even more firmly, allowing a few sniffles and a crack of voice from himself as well, as emotion pushes him to the realization that he may never see this great man whom he loved again.  “I’ll… do my best, like you taught me.”

  “Can’t ask for anything more than that, can I?”

58

  “You can, but it probably wouldn’t make any difference.”

  “Just tell me you’re going to come back some day, even if it’s a lie.”

  “Someday…not a lie.”  Jaisen smiles, wiping his face of tears.

  “I love you too, son.  You gave me your word, remember.”

  “I’ll never forget it…stay safe, and if those mutant things ever get in your way…no matter who it is…swear to me you’ll keep your pistol with you and aim straight for the face.”

  Del stares at his son, the request catching him off guard.  “What do the mutations have to do with you?”

    “Jealous of my good looks?” The two chuckle while pressing their foreheads together.  “Well at least they have a good reason to hate you.”

  “I want you to barricade this house…bars, cameras, everything.  You stay in this fortress as much as possible, alright? If they ever find out who you are to me, I don’t think I could get back to you in time to save you.”

  “I’ll have it installed immediately, all of it.  I wont ask you to explain it anymore.  You just hold true to your keep, young man.”

  “Thanks, dad.”

  “Be careful Jaisen.”
© Copyright 2012 Justin D. Hill (zodaccia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850827-Zodaccia-Realms-of-Chaos-preview2