*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852436-The-Dig
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1852436
A archeological dig awakens a supernatural force.
The dig site was not as big as Dan had imagined. It was one square mile nestled within the Wenatchee forest. This was his first excavation and he felt nervous as he ducked under the barrier tape and made his way to Dr. Maynard who was in charge of the site.

It was explained to him when he signed up for the dig, that the team would be looking for remains of a Native American tribe that was thought to be located there. A few artifacts had been found by hikers that prompted the archeologists to dig in that exact place.

When he reached doctor Maynard he was surprised to see her gazing down a 10 foot hole with a look of horror on her face. She did not seem to notice him approach but instead continued to stare, her mouth open, and her blue eyes transfixed on the pit beneath them. Dan followed her gaze and saw what he first assumed was just dirt, until his eyes adjusted and, like staring at a Monet, his mind slowly put together the pieces of the puzzle. Directly beneath lay not one, but up too five skeletal remains all nicely lined in a row.

“This is a burial ground. A very old burial ground.” She said, her hand shaking as she attempted to light the antique pipe she always carried with her.

Dan was confused. He had never taken her for the superstitious type but that was when he felt it, like a thousand tiny needles carried on the wind and pricking his skin. He shivered despite himself and could not stop from wondering what they had awoken.
© Copyright 2012 Charity (hislove3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852436-The-Dig