*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855094-Burglars-For-Hire-Pt-4
Rated: E · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1855094
Blaine and Diane are on the verge of getting their revenge
The story continues as Blaine and Diane meet Bill and Katherine VanDerpool in the park to discuss their proposition. Bill speaks,"Well, if it isn't my old partner Blaine Campbell!" Blaine replies, "Well if it isn't my old partner Bill VanDerPool,the man who cheated me big time!" Bill replies,"Lets get to the point you two, where's the jewels?" Kathy begins to speak, " We know have them, and we want them now." Diane speaks," You'll get them back in due time, but we have a proposal for you two that I think you'll say yes to." Meanwhile Kathy pulls out the picnic basket and hands a sandwich to everyone to eat, and milk for everyone to drink and then speaks "Lunch is served, it's Tuna Fish, so eat and lets talk." Blaine then speaks,"Here's our proposition, we want both of you to do a caper with us." Bill and Kathy look at each other and start to laugh and Kathy then speaks," You two? Diane, I understand that you and I used to be partners, but lets face it.....you two just aren't as crafty as my hubby and I are" Bill then speaks,"Let's face it, Blaine I was the Mastermind of our duo, and a year ago you were caught in the act trying to break into our home, and then a couple of nights ago, you and Ms.Diane robbed our home and got away with the goods, although you two were somewhat bumbling bufoons!!" He and Kathy begin to laugh again,just then Diane replies,"Maybe so, but we have what you want and you don't know where we have it hidden, help us burglarize the Petigrew mansion and you'll get the jewels back, and the cops will know none the wiser. Bill and Kathy look at each other and nod in agreement and Bill then speaks, " Alright were in, we'll be your partners for this break in, but we get 50% of what we steal, deal?" Blaine and Diane both reply at the same time, "Deal." And all four burglars finish eating their lunch.

It's 2 am and the big night has finally arrived, all four have arrived at the Petigrew mansion and have parked the car in an unexposed area so they can't be seen. Both couples are dressed all in black from head to toe, all four are wearing Black Turtle necks, Black slacks, Black Wool Ski Masks, Black Leather gloves, and Black Dress Tennis shoes, Blaine then speaks"Ok, were here, does everybody know the plan? "Yes Blaine we do, my wife and I know our part, do you and Diane know yours?" Diane replies,"Were not stupid Bill, of course we know our part, we planned this remember? Kathy speaks, "Are we going to rob this place or are we going to sit here and argue with each other all night, lets go ladies and gentlemen." In agreement they all get out of the car and very quietly sneak up to the side of the mansion, Bill and Kathy are towards the back while Blaine and Diane are up front, Blaine gets the French doors open while Diane holds the flashlight steadily, Blaine opens the door and all four enter the house very quietly, Diane then whispers very quietly,"The alarm keypad is over there, i'll disarm it."Blaine and Diane disarm the Security system and Bill and Kathy watch. "The alarm is off" said Diane " Lets go" Blaine then wispers,"Bill, Kathy you guys take the upstairs,Ms.Ruzak and I will take the downstairs and meet back at the entrance in 15 miutes" Kathy whispers back,"Ms.Ruzak? you two are so professional" Bill and Kathy at that point quietly sneak upstairs while Blaine and Diane remain downstairs wating for the VanDerpools to get upstairs so they can put their plan in motion, Blaine whispers to Diane,"The coast is clear, they're upstairs, are you ready Ms.Ruzak?' "I'm ready Mr.Campbell, lets do this." Blaine and Diane quietly sneak over and turn the Security system back on, meanwhile The VanDerpools are still upstairs where a silent alarm pad is set. After Blaine and Diane turn the alarm back on they quietly leave without making a sound and slip out the way they came in and flee the scene immediately. Bill and Katherine VanDerpool are still in the house and are in the upstairs hall right near the pad, as they keep quietly moving, Bill steps on the alarm and the police are immediately notified and are on their way, meahwhile Blaine and diane get to the car and begin laughing as they drive off quickly before the police get there. While this is all going on Carmen was instructed to go to Diane's to get the jewels and break into the VanDerpools house to put it back in their safe so the police will find it. Bill and Kathy, oblivious to whats going on keep putting valuables in their satchel and then begin to go down stairs and thats when they see cop cars pulling up, Bill reponds,"Dammit, I should've known, we got set up Kathy!" Kathy responds "Bill we've been caught, lets just put our hands up" At that moment as the police come in through the front door, Bill and Kathy are standing on the stairs with their hands up in the air as if to say we surrender" The police walk over to them and handcuff the couple as one of the cops pulls the Ski Masks off of their faces Det.Jensen begins to speak"William and Katherine VanDerpool you are under arrest for Breaking and Entering" and begins to read them their rights as they are being escorted to the nearest squad car.

Pt 5 "The Conclusion" is coming soon.
© Copyright 2012 Joe Ferrera (joe_ferrera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855094-Burglars-For-Hire-Pt-4