*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855393-Burglars-For-Hire-Pt5
Rated: E · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1855393
Blaine and Diane bring everything to a close
It's the next morning following the burglary of the Petigrew mansion, Blaine and Diane are in Diane's office. "Mr.Campbell we did it." "I know Ms.Ruzak, we got our revenge, now we just have to wait for Carmen to verify she got her part of the job done" Just then Carmen enters the office and speaks, "Good morning Mr.Campbell, good morning Ms.Ruzak." 'Good morning Carmen" as both speak "Did you get the jewels back into the VanDerpool's safe?" said Diane "I did, and well I was at it, I noticed they had a authentic Picasso painting in the hallway of their home, I stole it!" Blaine and Diane look at each other and then at Carmen and then Blaine speaks "How did we miss that?" Diane responds "Because we weren't looking for a Picasso painting that's why. Carmen replies "I have something to tell both of you, I was late getting to work because I had to meet with my boyfriend's fencer, I hope you two are sitting down" Diane responds "Carmen, did you get money for it?" Carmen replies "I sure did, and i'm splitting it 50/50 with you and Mr.Campbell" "How Much Carmen" said Blaine, "4 million!!" everyone reacts with excitement and jubilation "Carmen, you are a saint" said Diane "I could kiss you right now Carmen" said Blaine "Thank you Mr.Campbell, but lets keep it professional between us, besides I think there's someone else that would be more apporpriate for you to kiss." Blaine and Diane look at each other as if they knew who that person is, just then Det.Jensen enters the office and speaks,"Hello, I won't be long, I just wanted to let you know that we arrested William and Katherine VanDerpool last night while inside the home of the Peitgrews, we then went and searched their home and found the jewels in Mr.Vanderpools safe,they're not getting out for a very long time, you two are off the hook, you folks have a great day." Thank you Det" said Diane. Det. Jensen exits and Carmen then speaks "I did good didn't I?" "You sure did" said Blaine, Diane replies "So what are you going to do with your cut Carmen" "Tito got out of jail this morning, him and I are going to Brazil to live together, were getting married today" Blaine and Diane both react with excitement "Congratulations Carmen, I hope you'll be happy." said Diane " Carmen you deserve this and I wish you and Tito a long happy life together." said Blaine, "Thank you both, I must go now, Tito is waiting, I can't wait to have a family with him, i've never been so in love as I am now, Ms.Ruzak and Mr.Campbell, thank you for everything, i'll send you a Postcard and an email as soon as we get settled so you both can come down and visit, or maybe to live?" Diane speaks "Goodbye Carmen, we will see each other again I promise, "Take care Carmen" said Blaine. Carmen exits and walks out of the building not looking back. Blaine and Diane watch her leave and then look at each other and Blaine begins to speak "Ms.Ruzak, may I call you Diane?" "Only if I can call you Blaine" "You got it, Diane when Carmen said there is someone else for me to kiss who is more appropriate for me, did she mean you?" "I'm pretty sure she did Blaine" "How do you feel about me Diane?" she pauses and then speaks "I am so in love with you Blaine, I have been so turned on by you since I first hired you here, I want you so bad, I need you Blaine." Blaine pauses and speaks "Diane you don't how much of a relief this is to hear, because, I am so in love with you too, and I also was turned on by you since I first laid eyes on you." "Blaine, I would like for us to embrace each other at this time" Blaine concurs and walks over to Diane as they both hold each other in each others arms and begin to kiss very passoniately when their finished kissing, they stare at each other in amazement and Diane then speaks "Lets get out of here Blaine, lets go get some lunch and then go back to my place and show each other just how much we love each other" "While what are we waiting for Diane my love, lets go" They both leave Diane's office holding hands and everyone in the office spots them and they all begin to applaud and someone responds "It's about time you two became a couple, what took you so long?" Blaine and Diane continue walking to the exit still holding hands and everyone in the office still applauding and clapping.

Six months later Blaine and Diane were married and had their first child a year later. Mr and Mrs.Blaine campbell had a baby boy who they named Johnothan William Campbell, two years after the birth of Johnothan William they had a little girl who they named Susan Katherine Campbell. Blaine and Diane remain married to this day, but are no longer in the Cat Burglary business.
© Copyright 2012 Joe Ferrera (joe_ferrera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855393-Burglars-For-Hire-Pt5