*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855693-Boo-Radley
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1855693
I didn't know what was up with him, but I was gonna find out...
         There's a guy who lived down the street from my house; his name is Arthur Radley, but people call him Boo. Actually, he was more of a rumor, and there were a lot of scary stories goin' around about him. I didn't even know if he was actually real, but Jem said he was. He said he's got a scary face and that he peeks in my bedroom window when I'm sleepin'. I didn't believe him.
         Everyone said that if you touch anything on the Radley property, you will die. But a few years ago, somethin' happened that proved that story wrong. So, Jem loaded me up into the tire to push me down the hill. We did this before, and it's scary but fun at the same time. He pushed me and I rolled right down the street. I thought I was gonna puke all on my overalls. The tire crashed and I fell out, and landed right on the ground--by the Radleys' porch. Jem had to come rescue me, because he apparently believed the story, and he didn't want me to die.
         I learned to not believe anything Jem says, because if he was telling the truth, I'd be dead right now.

         It is said that one time, Boo was cuttin' out somethin' from the paper, and his daddy came in the room. For some reason, Boo got angry and took the scissors and stabbed his daddy right in the leg, and went back and kept on cuttn' the paper, blood on the scissors and all. Boo could've gone to the asylum, you know, but his daddy didn't want his kid to live like that, so Boo has been locked in that house for a long, long time. I wanna know if he's actually in there, and what he does all the time. If I stayed at my house all the time, I'd be bored.
         I don't know how I'm gonna find out what's up with Boo Radley, but I have to and I will.


© Copyright 2012 Jean Louise Finch (scout947 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855693-Boo-Radley