*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855695-Dressing-Up-Stinks
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1855695
Part one of my little "inner Scout" series.
         I don't wanna be a girly girl. All the other girls at my school wear dresses and pretty shoes, but it doesn't look comfy one bit. I like to wear overalls and tennis shoes, so I can be comfy all the time. I mean, you can't climb a tree with a dress on, can you?
         When I started first grade, I had to wear a dress to the first day. Jem laughed at me. I just wanted to yank that dress right offa me, 'cause I didn't feel comfy in it. It was embarrassing!
         Aunt Alexandra thinks I am a disgrace to the Finch women, 'cause I don't dress like a girl. She tries her best to change me, but Atticus doesn't. She thinks she's my mama, but she ain't. If my mama were alive today, I bet she wouldn't force me to wear dresses if I didn't wanna. I didn't really know her, 'cause I was just two when she died, but if she was anything like Atticus, she woulda let me dress like I wanted.


© Copyright 2012 Jean Louise Finch (scout947 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855695-Dressing-Up-Stinks