*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856243-Seasonal-Spirits
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1856243
The spirits need to team up with each other and creatures they despise to defeat Zira.
  Spring, otherwise known as Saya, was prancing around the field, leaving a trail of beautiful assorted flowers blooming behind her. She was humming a melody that would stick in your mind forever since you're mortal. To the other spirits, it was just plain annoying to hear it year after year, decade after decade, century after century, millennia after millennia...well, you get the point. Her light blonde hair glistened under the now gently shining sun. She was a beautiful sight indeed, but only few humans saw her.
  The animals were emerging groggily from their homes and suddenly jolted awake to go greet their favorite season. Saya smiled gently at the creatures following after her, but continued humming and dancing around the meadow until she slipped on a bit of the remaining snow and yelped as her tush made connection with the grassy ground. Luckily for her, the flowers entwined with each other to make a nice cushion for her impact since the ground was still a bit hard and cold from leftover Winter. Of course, she was liked by everything on earth. But I can't say the same for the heavens. The other three envied her greatly. Especially Winter, A.K.A. Weena. Weena was hated by parents, animals, and very few children.
  Saya just stood up, brushed herself off, and finished off the ritual to move on somewhere else when suddenly, she fell to the ground again by some more fallen snow. And this little bit had just fallen, Saya could tell, but she ignored it. This repeated it a couple more times until Saya was finally sick of all this bullying, rudeness, and shit that Weena was doing to her. Farran, Fall, and Sirius, Summer, were NOT like this at all. Okay, they acted rude to her a lot of the time, but they never interfered with her while she was doing the sacred dance. No one was ever supposed to do that. But that didn't stop Weena. Weena had more power over the people who made that rule, so she could do whatever she pleased. But what Weena was doing to her there just pissed Saya off.
  "Okay, if you don't want Spring to come, then let it not come," she snarled angrily. She trudged over to the spots where she had made the snow melt and repeated ancient words that no one reading this, not even I, would understand and immediately the snow just poofed back in the blink of an eye. She looked ultimately peeved and scrambled back to her home in the sky.
  "You got what you wanted. No more Spring this year!" Saya shouted in Weena's face, "You've done this year after year and I will not put up with it anymore! No more Spring, comprende?!"
  Farran, Sirius, and Weena all turned pale, then started begging, pleading, and screaming at Saya. This didn't bother her at all. It didn't even startle her, "You guys aren't encouraging enough. I guess Spring just won't come this year," The spirit spun around and stomped off into her room. Smiling, Saya the Beauty fell deeply into the sleep.

  Sirius immediately paced around as he heard Saya slam her door. Why couldn't Weena apologize and why did they have to start yelling? Why did they even pick on her anyways?! Not a reason popped into his mind. Except jealousy but that wasn't a good enough reason. Before he realized it, Sirius ran straight into a tree and fell to the ground, gripping his forehead. A wave of darkness washed over his mind as a daydream began.
  It was horrible. Earth was in an endless, cruel Winter, though it wasn't Weena's fault, even though she's the spirit of Winter. It was more of a cruel, cold, horrid, monstrous horror surrounding the earth. He was bleeding next to the same tree he was next to right now and watched helplessly as the other seasons were tortured horribly by this gigantic bat-monster thing. He could barely even describe it. Sirius could fell his death near, and closed his eyes slowly and felt the pain just wash away.
  Sweat dripping down his face, he jolted awake, back at home in bed. Maybe it was like that one mortal movie....what was it called? Exception? Reputation? I....It...No.....In...Inception! That's what it was called, but he felt his head and there was the bump there and he overlooked his window, seeing Earth still blanketed by this harmless snow. Snowflakes fluttered by the window and apparently, his buddy Jack Frost dropped by. No seriously. One of his friends was Jack Frost. Another was Mother Nature also known as Gaia, just like in the ancient Greek myths. He sighed and slipped out from under his delightfully warm covers and tiptoed to where his friends were sleeping. There was Weena and on the couch was Farran and...wait a minute! Where was Spring?! His dyed red hair shook gently as he spun around and frantically searched for the soul. Finally, Sirius decided to check Earth out for a quick look.
  Saya was staring at the silver, bright moon hanging in the sky.
  "Artemis, tell me, was it true?" she whispered sadly, "Was it because of my poor choices?" a slight sigh slipped from her lips. She had to do something. She yelped as loud as she could, afraid that the touch on her shoulder was from that....that....witch-monster-bat creature from we dream! But she only spun around, shivering, to see that familiar bright red hair, those big brown eyes, and white tank top with jeans,
  "Sirius, don't scare me like that! I was thinking..." she dared to even mutter the next part, "about what's soon to doom us." Amazingly, Sirius heard and quietly asked, "Y-you saw it. Didn't you?"
  Saya froze. Her blood ran cold. He knew too?! But that wasn't what made her blood run cold. Snatching up her hand, she whispered to the spirit, "We can't talk about it here. I sense something near," and she rushed to the house and quietly creaked open the wooden door. The duo crept in as silent as a mouse and finally shut the door slowly and as quiet as possible behind them.
  "Tell me what you saw," she demanded firmly and he described in detail what he saw.
  "Well, I was tied up in the back of the bat-creatures's hut next to you guys, also tied up. And boy, was it tight. A bit of blood was trickling down my arm, it was that tight. I was panicking and soon, kicked her straight in the nose. She spat out at me, 'Bastard! I'll kill you last so you can watch your little friends hear scream and writhe in horrible pain and agony' the images made me shudder and cry a little so she snatched up Farran by the hair and the bat lady's razor sharp teeth flashed under the light as she snatched up a knife and stabbed it into the palm of his hand, the crimson gently flowing from his hand to the floor and he bit his lip hard, tears streaming and I could tell he was trying to be strong, but failing miserably. She snatched up another knife and jabbed it straight into his other palm, pinning him to the wall and repeated with his feet. He was squealing with horror and pain like a newborn pig. The wounds looked horrible and if he got free, they'd probably never heal properly. Bat-lady snatched up a needle and stuck it into the crook of his arm and immediately, he started looking paler. He shuddered horribly and she started jabbing at him with all kinds of sharp things until he finally let out his last scream and it was, "SAYA!!! WEENA!!! Wh...." and his limp body lay there, propped against the wall. Bat-lady extended out her claws like a lion and gripped Weena's arm tightly until her nails were digging straight in there. Weena yelped but stayed her strong, stubborn self and wouldn't cave into screaming and crying no matter what the bat lady did. So Bat-Lady just shrugged it off and grabbed a knife. It was plunged into Weena's chest. The breathing immediately stopped and Weena was tossed aside like nothing but garbage. Finally, her horrid, bright neon green eyes settled on you and she grinned evilly and pulled you towards her table. Immediately, two sharp daggers were plunge into your knee, then she gently pushed down on a knife on your throat so it would only cut a slight slit. The blood trickled down your neck and I cringed a lot. I blacked out before anything else could happen and I woke up and left for home. I have a feeling that it wasn't just a nightmare. I have a horrid, dreading feeling that it is the future. We need to warn the others before anything can happen to them."  Saya scowled and twitched a bit at the thought of it being the future. They had to prepare, so she leapt up to her feet and creaked open the door to find Farran and Weena leaning against the door gently, but still standing on their own so they didn't fall when she flung open the door. Anyways, that was overused and not the truth, though Weena did stumble forward a step.
  "What in the heavens....!?" screeched the blonde, young woman as everyone stared at each other, "Were you.....Were you eavesdropping on us?!"
© Copyright 2012 Jackie Watkins (wolfwolf1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856243-Seasonal-Spirits