*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856418-Hook-Us-Query-Letter-Entry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #1856418
This is a copy of a query letter I wrote to hopefully get an agent or publisher.
To Whom it May Concern,

    Mable Lawrence has never been considered pretty, sophsticated, or charming in the modern world--but luckily she found a place where they consider her all of those things and more.
      Mable has never had a real place in life, other than the job of looking after her father. The youngest of three sisters, Mable is an overweight, tempermental, sarcastic twenty-five-year old woman who was stuck at home with her sickly father while her beautiful older sisters went off into the world. Taking care of the household duties and constantly watching over her father has left her little time to explore her dreams and desire.
    In the middle of November, Mable finally decides to go out for a walk, only to find herself hurled out of her sleepy hometown in Minnesota into a world of fairy-tales and fantasies. Mable stumbles upon a castle, and is immediately taken in as an honored guest. She soon finds the catle holds more than gorgeous paintings and elegant tapestries. Cursed by a vengeful fairy, Mable is introduced to bespelled servants, enchanted rooms, and a monstrous Lord of the Castle named Theodore Beaumont.
    In a modern re-telling of Beauty and the Beast, Beauty Within tells the story of a woman who spends most of her time trying to escape from her fairy-tale. Eventually Mable finds the way to leave and return back to her home, but after so many weeks of getting to know the friendly staff and Master Theo, there is one question left; will Mable even want to go back?

                                                                Thank you for your consideration
© Copyright 2012 bookdragon (sdeluca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856418-Hook-Us-Query-Letter-Entry