*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857514-Query-Letter
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1857514
Entry for the "Hook Us" contest.
She screamed, picking up a bottle of mouthwash and threw it as hard as she could at the bathroom window. The bottle thudded to the floor, the white plastic cap cracking and the blue liquid sloshing out. She swept decorative turtles from the back of the toilet and watched them crash to the floor, their ceramic bodies cracking and breaking. She grabbed the metal shelves over the toilet and knocked them over, the baskets emptying and crashing to the floor.

         In The Blink of an Eye, Jimmy and Allison Rickliefs learned just how fragile life can be. Jimmy wakes up in the middle of the night with stomach pain and a drunk driver changes their lives forever. In the whirlwind that follows the accident, they’ll find out just how strong their relationship is, test friendships and find out in the end that nothing matters more than the people around them.

         The challenges faced by the couple during the course of the novel show the true spirit of human strength. From fights with friends over cleaning carpets to long days spent in the NICU at their daughter’s side, the family is thrown one challenge after another. But they show that a family can persevere with a little help from those closest to them.

         Family ties and friendships are threatened in this novel of strength, challenge and ultimately love. Will they be able to survive the storm of recovery? Will Jimmy be able to drum again and return to his dream job? Or will they see all of their dreams flushed away because of one night, one moment, and one stranger who changed the game forever?

         I want to thank you for considering my novel for publication. I have been a writer for many years, since I got my first compliment in the sixth grade. From there, the writing bug had bitten me and I majored in writing in college. I enjoyed writing this novel and hope you will enjoy reading it.
© Copyright 2012 Aightball (aightball at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857514-Query-Letter