*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859795-I-am-brighter-than-you-Tam
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1859795
Parents may need to learn something from their own children.

‘Can I have a chocolate, ma?’ A girl’s asking her mom while walking with her mother at a mall.
‘Yes, but you must promise me that you’ll finish your homework as soon as you get home.’ Nanzy is the girl’s mother.
‘Uh-huh. I will. I promise you.’  The girl looks excited and walks hurriedly into a shop.

When the girl arrives home, she does her homework as she promised.

‘Good job, Tam. I think next time you’ll have another chocolate when we’re at that mall again.’ The mother cheers up her daughter as usual.
‘Thanks ma.‘    Tam pauses a little bit before her next question,  ‘What if I don’t have any homework, mom? So … it means I won’t be able to have a chocolate, then. That’s too bad!‘  Tam asks a question and she already has her answer answered.
‘Brilliant question, Tam.  You know why I love you so much?‘    Tam is looking at her mother--showing her cute smile.
‘Because you always have a smart question and you often make me stop and think. There’s a lot of time, I must admit, I can’t answer that to you. And you will come up more and more question!  That was why I love you so much.’ The mother has talked with her daughter within 10 minutes.
Tam finally forgets what she asks and she walks and sits on the couch watching a cartoon.

                                            created by Peremptory Punctilious Polymath 
© Copyright 2012 walkingencyclopedia (encyclopedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859795-I-am-brighter-than-you-Tam