*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859967-Environment
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #1859967
A brief description of the world's destructive direction through a cynics eyes.
We’re going speeding towards self destruction,
Disgracing the greens with rapidly spreading murkiness;
Blue and clear, it no longer remains, hidden for years behind a grey cloud of pollution.
You’re soiling our air, content on weakening our immune system.
Our shield grows thinner with each drastic change; you said advancements would complete us;
Allow us what we did not have before. Technology promised to bring us closer to those dear, make the miles seem like inches.

Explain to me how rapidly typing words, expressing your emotions through emotion icons allows the recipient to fully understand you. 
Tell me how telephones call over thousands of miles, can truly let them connect.
Let me in on the worlds secret that microchips, cameras, keyboards, and cell phones can bring us closer, completely disregarding the geography in between.


Humans need to touch, to feel, to hear, to taste. Simply viewing through a webcam is not sufficient enough in the long run.
Sure, it helps at the time, but doesn’t it always feel worse when someone pipes up with, “Well, wouldn’t you rather be with them; in person?”

Look at what this has done. Clear air and clean water are something of yesterday.
All we have to look forward to are darker days, and even darker water.
Yesterday was the time of fresh, magnificence; new.
Today is self destruction, and tomorrow is darker, more dangerous.

Technology has not freed humanity of roughness, of work, of ‘bad’ things.
It has stolen our free minds, our need of humane actions, and our desire to be.
Somehow, I fail to see the wonders of this. But perhaps I shall be corrected,
Or perhaps I shall be left with this opinion, alone.
© Copyright 2012 Madame Vivacious (shannon13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859967-Environment