*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862367-Bandit-King-of-the-Avrentine-forest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #1862367
A scene with the Bandit King Aiden, and his companions.
My fingers grasped so tightly around the hilt of my axe, that I could hear my leather gloves creak and stretch. I thought about my friends, and my family. How they were murdered by the Lords that ruled this land, and were killed without any show of mercy. I immediately fell into a state of rage. I quickly rushed forward revealing myself through the small brush; I jumped down from a small ledge and flanked the travelling caravan. Before the first guard could notice me I raced towards him, rushing my arm down vertically as I buried the axe deep into my enemy’s head. Blood splattered from the skull-crushing blow, as his eyes rolled back and blood dribbled from his mouth and soaked through his beard. He fell to his knees and dropped face-first into the ground, his body then shook and jerked as his nerves strained and died out. He fell limp on the ground, blood slowly oozing out from the wound in his head and seeping into the dirt road below, tinting his chainmail armor and cloth with a deep red as he laid there dead and life-less on the ground.

I jogged around the back of the caravan, and by then my two companions Aron, and Brent had already cut down the other guard. He was almost hunched over, half-laying while rested awkwardly on the ground as he was tightly holding onto a wound that had cut deep into his stomach, which had easily pierced through his armor. His chest rose and fell as he moaned, he was still alive. Aron lifted his bloodied broadsword, and stabbed him in the throat. He choked and fell over, lying flat on his back.

Both Aron and Brent were equipped in full boiled leather armor, from neck to foot. Brent carried a round iron shield in his left hand and his long sword in his right. Meanwhile Aron applied both of his hands for free use and full strength on his broadsword. They looked over at me, kneeling down and picking through the fallen guard’s pockets for any extra valuables. We heard a fumbling in the caravan and hushed voices, the sounds of woman whimpering, revealing their position and their fear.

This quickly grabbed our attention and I drew my bastard sword free from its sheath as I turned around. "Come, let's check the Caravan." I whispered as I lifted my hand and waved them to follow closely behind me. We crept around the back and opened the covers inside. A large man with balding hair, a thick beard, and thick brown eyebrows stared fearfully at us. He held his long sword tightly in his right hand. He was dressed in a fashionable state representing the colors of his lord, blue and green. Behind him, a young girl, and a woman were huddled together, whimpering. Both of the Noblewomen wore long gowns, one in a deep blue and the other in a grass green.

Aron spoke up "I don't mind killin' yah and takin' the women. They’ll make good slaves.” He walked forward, passing me and turning back “Aiden, if yah don't mind." He spoke dumbly, while hunched over with his blade in both hands. His blonde hair hung over his forehead and a bit above his eyes. He was an ugly lad, and a stupid one, yet he knew how to kill. He began to walk forward, heading to the Caravan. His leather armor creaked, and his boots dug deeply into the ground with his heavy stride, he was anxious to kill, almost blood-thirsty.

I simply nodded to him.

The Nobleman lifted his left hand and began to plead. "No, no. I don't want any harm done. You can have everything. Just let us go. After all I am a rich man, I am Sir Sevrith Eblen; plus you do not want to fight me, I am trained well." He looked straight at Aron; he knew he was a threat.

Aron grinned and began to run towards the edge of the caravan, brushing past me as he lifted himself inside without much effort, quickly getting onto his feet with his blade firmly held in both hands, and an awkward stance as he gathered footing. He rushed forward crying out as he held the hilt of his blade in both hands and carried it slightly above his head. He swung down, catching Sevriths sword in mid-swing as both the blades clashed and clattered. Aron brought his sword down, using all of his strength while applying both his hands in an attempt to bury the Knight’s blade into the wood. He then lifted his sword, and swung horizontally cutting through Sevrith’s silk shirt, although seeming to miss him entirely. Sevrith grasped the hilt of his blade with both hands and pulled his blade free without much effort. He swung his blade at an arch, which deeply cut through Aron from his left hip across to his right shoulder. Blood sprayed out and Aron fell back, falling back and releasing his weapon. He squirmed and screamed before falling limp, and laying his head onto its side.

Sevrith was covered in blood as it sprayed free from Aron’s falling body. He looked almost savage and came across as seemingly deadly. I didn’t want Brent to die, or risk losing a finger myself. So, If had no choice but the let them go, incase this Lord was well-armed and trained enough to kill the both of us. Why risk it?

Brent looked at me, and I looked back. “Aron was an idiot. You can leave, but if you try to do anything stupid. I will have no problem cutting you down, Sevrith.” I spoke calmly, I did not want to anger him, or cause him to attack us. We could probably stand to kill him, if we decided we should both take him on in battle, but he cut Aron down like nothing. I turned and gave Brent a quick nod. He held his sword and shield firmly, anxious as if ready for anything. I stepped aside, giving them safe distance and enough room to leave far from my reach. Sevrith and the two noble-women left the caravan, walking together with their arms held together, frightened. Sevrith never turned his back on us, holding his sword up as he slowly stepped back and away.


It was a while down the long winding road before he felt safe enough to turn and look away, but by then we had sheathed our blades and were already searching through their caravan. We found bags of gold, supplies of food, weapons and clothes. A variety of things we could carry back to camp, and sell to the more well-guarded merchants.

By now it was nightfall, and we took what we could carry and headed back. The forest was dark; and it was nearly impossible to see while traveling on our way back. I hoped that nobody would encounter the Caravan tonight, or tomorrow in the morning. We had some things to head back to and get, other valuable that may come in handy, and Aron’s body. I followed the small trail I had prepared on my way back. Wedged cuts into the trees with my axe from earlier would lead me on my path back to camp. I could sleep then, and hope for a good night’s rest.
© Copyright 2012 Matthew Synyard (synyardm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862367-Bandit-King-of-the-Avrentine-forest