*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862584-Mackenzies-Envy
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1862584
Mackenzie and Nicole are in a running race, where Mackenzie tries to cheat.
Racing side by side, Nicole in a vivid blue tank top, Mackenzie in a hot pink. The sun beat down, shining on their faces as the sprinted along the dusty track. Mackenzie's long, dark brown hair bobbed about, swept up in a ponytail, glimmering red from the sun. Nicole sped up, bounding along in huge strides as Mackenzie tried to catch up, without success. The pair could see the crimson strip of the finishing line, and began to grow excited. Sweat poured down her face like tears, and Mackenzie was determined to pass that black-haired girl in front of her.
She grinned deviously as she thought of a plan, and began slowing to a walking pace, pretending to limp painfully. "Nicole!" she cried out. Nicole backtracked to come to her aid. Neither girl was afraid of the other runners catching up; they had a fair lead while the others were sluggish."I, I think I can go now." Mackenzie acted unsure. "Let's start together, OK?" Nicole said, helping a sly Mackenzie to her feet. "3,2,1..." The girls leaped towards the end.Suddenly Mackenzie had lost her limp and ran ahead. Realizing her plan, Nicole gasped, losing her speed. Nicole breathed in slowly and exhaled. Soon she was running at a fast pace, quicker and quicker until Mackenzie, who was strutting along with a superior look on her face, a few metres from the finishing line, had flashed past in a blur, and Nicole gripped the scarlet material in her clammy hands, ripping it forcefully, crying out gleefully in victory.
"It's just a school running race," moaned Mackenzie lugubriously as she watched Nicole's grin spread across her tanned face.

But Nicole was still proud as the cheap plastic gold medal was placed around her neck. At Mackenzie's enviously red face, Nicole said, "That's what you get for cheating,"A triumphant expression blooming on her face.
© Copyright 2012 Olivia4285 (olivia4285 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862584-Mackenzies-Envy