*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866170-Overcoming-Challenges
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1866170
Challenges in life teach us about the beauty of life and help us enjoy each day.
         Have you ever felt like the shell of a person? The exterior of your body looks and resembles the individual you know, but the interior is not the same. Inside, it feels dead. There is a lack of happiness and success, and a huge emptiness due to not being true to yourself. Always making an effort for everybody else but never for yourself, why is this the case?
         When looking back, I may not have had everything I wanted, but I was successful in my own way. I was hard-working with a heart of gold. I spent time with friends but made sure to have “me-time” as well. There may have been a few errors made along the way but it wasn’t anything that couldn’t be fixed. When I looked in the mirror, the reflection staring back wasn’t bad. The inside was emotionally stable and well. Overall, the young lady had everything in order. And in a few years, it seems everything was lost.
         Now, there are more complications than ever. Health is a major issue. Finances are a joke. Working is almost life-consuming. Friends are non-existent due to everyone going their own way. There is a non-existent love life. Family is never seen because they are too far away. And animals are just a pain. Everything screams stress with no pleasure. The only possible enjoyment comes from eating. Eating in itself is painful and causes more health problems. What is the answer and what do you do when you have no idea what direct to turn?
         A good friend pointed out sometimes you just have to take a step. It can be a big step. It can be a small step, but once a step is made be consistent with taking another step each and everyday. With time, results will be made. And the level of happiness will increase.
         So, baby steps it is. Tonight involved writing. Tomorrow includes exercising. The following day is of course The Lord’s Day along with my favorite television show on in the evening, Once Upon a Time, but after that, I’d say I must keep going. Hopefully, the opportunity to play piano will present itself again. And with a big snow storm that just occurred I hope to also get outside and play. You know, when we were kids we had a sense of adventure and enjoyed life? So on the agenda involves building a snowman and going sledding. I would say this sounds good for starters. I can only hope that life will continue to be brighter each and every day from here on out.
© Copyright 2012 Jean Straka (jennzer23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866170-Overcoming-Challenges