*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867034-New-Dawn
by Keiken
Rated: E · Other · History · #1867034
Short narrative on Meso America, Enjoy.

The wind pushed westward, and the pack of turkeys ate. Campacho, Namfie, and I surrounded them. Each step we took was as important as our lives. I glared at Campacho and he gave me that implicit approval. I jumped over the bushes and ran at the turkeys. In a flash of an eye, we had killed them. “How hard was that, Ramadie?” Campacho asked. He walked towards the largest turkey and took out his knife.
“Yeah. It was a piece of cake.” I responded with my flashy grin. He returned with a smile and cut the turkey.
“For you, the heart.” He said, placing the bloody organ in my palm. It was an honorable reward, but I hated it. I never liked that red liquid, it reminded me of when my father died. He was a sacrifice five years ago.
“Thank you.” I said.
“Your welcome, but lets get going.” Campacho commanded. We took the turkeys with us back to Tenochtitlan. The trees and the beauty of nature never seemed to stop astounding me. Namfie suddenly poked me on my right shoulder.
“Whats wrong?” I asked him worried. Namfie wasn’t the talking type, he only spoke during serious moments.
“Look at that...” He said, pointing at the capital. Strange white people wearing a different attire. There were about four hundred of them. We dropped the turkeys at the storage area and dashed over to the town square. The emperor came down and welcomed a man. The man made some crazy symbols to communicate, it had to be him. I had no doubt it was Quetzalcoatl, our god. Hours later, a feast was prepared and we all had a great time. I was glad to contribute to the meal, it was splendid. The next day, I got up and there they were. That white man had killed the emperor and was killing our people. I got up and dashed towards Campacho’s home.
“Theres one right there!” a white man yelled. They chased me, but my experience gave me the victory. They lost track of me and I knocked on Campacho’s door.
“Campacho!” I yelled. The door suddenly opened and everyone was here. Namfie, Campacho, their family, and even the little kids. I ran inside and they gave me a warm hug.
“Your save, boy. Its all good now.” Campacho said, wiping the tears off my face. It was a miracle, but I had a strange feeling. I smelled smoke, and it wasn’t any normal smoke. It had to be the same as when the trees bursted into flames. Namfie opened the door, and fell to the ground. He was shot by one of the native tribes and there was more. They entered the house, killing the children. Campacho looked at me with those eyes again. I shook my head and took the back entrance. My limbs tingled and my lungs stumbled, would I be joining father today? I jumped and slipped on the ground. My body rolled and rolled until I reached the coast. I stood up feeling the sense of salvation. I looked towards the sea, and my salvation perished. Huge ships surrounded the front with many white men. The worst of it all, the man Cortez stood there. That demon, he killed everyone! I took out my knife and dashed towards him. A tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye. Those words rushed my head until the last trumpet blew. I placed my hand on my chest and felt a hole through it. I fell to the ground and perished in a world where there was no such thing as justice.
© Copyright 2012 Keiken (kendegan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867034-New-Dawn