*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867559-Released
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1867559
Two ex-best friends talk before the brother of one is released from jail.
“Why are you here?”

“Why do you think I’m here?”

“Typical. I should have known you’d show up when they released him.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“You know exactly what that means.”

“I still don’t understand why you got so bent out of shape about this.”

“Bull shit.”

“Excuse me?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know. You knew exactly what you were doing that night.”

“I knew? Please, you practically forced me to use that night.”

“It was your choice, you could have said no. I only offered.”

“Ha, right. You only offered me the pills after you said you were crashing out if I wouldn’t take them.”

“Like I said, it was up to you.”

“You’re just pissed because he’s your brother.”

“Hell yeah I’m pissed because he’s my brother. If you would have just kept your filthy claws out of him he wouldn’t have ended up in jail!”

“That was not my fault and you know it! If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s yours! You’re the one who told the bitch that we slept together! I trusted you, you were my best friend! And what did you do? You ran your mouth to his whore of an ex-girlfriend!”

“It’s not my fault you slept with him.”

“You practically pushed us to be together the first day that we met!”

“Well, I think we can both agree that was a mistake.” 

“Whose mistake was that?”

“Obviously yours.”

“Ha, obviously.”

“That still doesn’t explain why you’re here after all of the damage you caused.”

“He called me. He wants me.”

“Why is that? He looking for an easy lay after being locked up?”

“That’s none of your business.”

“Like I said, he’s my brother. You should just leave now, before you mess everything up again.”

“Does he even want you here? You may be his sister, but after what you did, I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t want to see you for a long time.”

“Whatever.”

“Have you even talked to him in the last six months?”

“…”

“You haven’t even talked to him since he got arrested?!”

“…”

“Wow, this is unbelievable!  You give me this much grief about showing up, and you haven’t even talked to him since he was charged?!”

“Go to hell!”

“Hahaha, this is just too funny. He is going to be irate when he sees you.”

“…”

“Where are you going?”

“Tell him I’ll be in touch. I’d rather not be here to see your reunion.”

“You know it doesn’t have to be this way.”

“What possible way could it be after the way things ended?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, if he wants to see me tell him to call me. He obviously has support. I didn’t think anyone would show up.”

“I’ll always show up.”

“Now I know.”

“Goodbye Samantha.”

“Goodbye Megan.” 



Word count per WDC: 470
© Copyright 2012 Charlie Marie (charliemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867559-Released