*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868318-That-Piercing-Gaze
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1868318
(Fantasy) I saw death... And survived (random oneshot) My First Fic, No flames!
The place smelled dead. I know that is obvious and most would scoff at this assumption, but I could not help but be slightly fascinated by the odour and intrigued by the scene that lay before me. It's not like I loved the graveyard, in fact I can't stand it, Tanni's $50 bet just don't cut it. I know I'm bitchin again but, dude, I am an idiot for procrastonating, and because of avoiding this dare, I have to look like a complete tool. Great.

Stiffening as a chill blew past my body, I guiltily sauntered to the graveyard mausoleum. Sometimes we would sit at the top of the evergreen knoll and look out at this graveyard, but every time, we kept our distance. That was until yesterday, when Tanni and I observed a posh Hearse carrying, what is to be the most intricate coffin I have ever lay eyes on. Gold, solid, looked so fragile I could mould with my hand, with such beautiful, tribal-looking markings ever. And that's when Tanni became greedy; but it's not like she would do it of course, I of course had to.

I timidly prised open the ancient doors, sending chills up my spine as the old door creaked like a screeching banshee, forcing me to shut my eyes. 'I can't do this', she thought frighteningly. But that was small-time compared to what happened next. Suddenly the air seem to come alive, like an electric cable in water, draining all my strength to move. Crouching, paralyzed and transfixed, I watched as shadowy figure instantaneously appeared. An aura, dark as the figure itself seemed to ooze from it's pores. The mysterious figure wore a dark cloak, in one hand he possessed a scythe, in the other a strange glowing sphere, that seem to swirl the colours of the rainbow. Worst of all, it's gaze that pierced your soul and engulfed you with despair. Just the intensity was enough to force me to my knees like a slave. The entity regarded me with interest, then suddenly realised my intentions and let out a inhuman, beastly roar that seemed to shake the earth itself.

Terrorized, all the strength returned to my body, and fearing for my life, I turn tail and ran fast and hard. Never ever going there again- I bearly escaped with my life.



Hey everybody, this is my first fic, what do you think? Please rate and no flames plz but constructive criticism welcome.
© Copyright 2012 Freakie Music (themusicfreak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868318-That-Piercing-Gaze