*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868720-The-Pro
by Aresay
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1868720
Giles built his robot from scrap and is fighting to get parts.
Giles mech jolted as he purged the left arm laser rifle. The on board computer chimed in with a timely report.
"Laser rifle purged: maneuverability up 8 percent, direct contact ammunition defense down to 79 percent, speed up 6 percent. Targets remaining: 3"
"Thank you, Charles" responded Giles as he scanned the radar and thermal reading hud for any sign of movement. He looked over the status display in the cockpit to his right. He saw that the hyper-velocity rail gun, mounted in the center of his back had 58% energy left in it's capacitors, his right arm mounted heavy assault rifle had just over 200 rounds left in the magazine, and his shoulder mounted grenade launcher system had 2 rounds in each canister.
'This is going to be tough' he though as he returned back to the main console.
His radar and thermal viewer displayed no sign of the other mechs,
'They must be in the same condition as I am' he pondered, as he gently worked the controls, forcing his mech to step out from the giant boulder he was hiding behind. As soon as he cleared the rock, he noticed a muzzle flash and then heard Charles screaming, "Incoming, Incoming. Avoid, avoid"
Giles punched the controls forward, activating the hybrid thrusters embedded into his mech, with a flash of ion discharge. Whatever the round was, as it clipped his back, the force of the impact sent Giles into a mad spin. He struggled to rectify the out of control machine.

Within a few seconds, he had recovered sufficiently to order Charles to identify the shooter and what weapon had shot him.
Charle's mechanical voice responded.
"Shooter: Elyna
Weapon: Anti-Armour Gauss Sniper gun"
"Why would she do that? That won't penetrate the Null Shields," Giles said, thinking aloud.
"Unless....SHIT!" Giles exclaimed as he saw the other two mechs come skidding around rocks, boosters flaring, lining up their Laser Gatling Rifles.
'So, they have teamed up now' he thought.
As the other mechs guns were spinning up to speed, he worked the controls, forcing his Assault Rifle's barrel almost into the ground, pulling the trigger almost through the control handle, blasting the dry and scorched ground into a massive plume of dust.
"Good move sir. Creating the dust cloud will hinder Elyna's accuracy and her detection systems. But what about the other two?"
"Well Charles, we are going to have a little fun with these ones, there's a few parts I want of them" Giles responded with a large grin, as he reversed out of the cloud, leaving the other machines in a dust filled firing corridor.
© Copyright 2012 Aresay (aresay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868720-The-Pro