*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1869028-Theyre-At-It-Again
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1869028
A small story (less than 300 words) written for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge contest.
“They’re at it again, Maggie! Those beatboxing breakdancing teenagers just can’t party enough, can they?! It’s ten pm! In our time, everyone was in a deep sleep!” Dulf was looking out of the window to the other side of the street where the music and changing lights came from.

“Oh, calm down Dulfy, your heart can’t take too much, you know that.’ Magnolia, or Maggie for the friends, responded. She was knitting a woolen hat for her grandchild that had been born three weeks ago. “Oh come, you don’t have to call the cops again!”

“Those little fiends will make the house collapse with their loud banging music! Every Sunday and Monday and Saturday and We… Every day of the week, they gather and party! It has to stop before it kills me!”

Maggie got out of the chair and took the phone out of his hands.

“I’ll go talk to them. You just drink something to sleep and go to bed.” She said on a sweet tone to Dulf, her husband for almost a 50 years.

“A… A good idea, Maggie. Try not to get into a fight though.” Dulf answered, his face full of worry.

“It’s ok Dulfy. Goodnight.” Maggie went out of the room and, pulling on a sweater, headed off to the party.

Dulf had a bad dream that night: Maggie just joined the party and even sang, danced and got drunk.

Dulf woke up in sweat the next morning and looked at Maggie sleeping next to him.

“I am lucky to know she is not that kind of girl” he whispered to himself and started preparing for the visit of his children.

If only he knew…


Word count: 281



- finished & started correcting at 256 (note to self)
© Copyright 2012 SunSlayer (sunslayer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1869028-Theyre-At-It-Again