*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870545-Number-Seventy-Seven---Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1870545
Very short prologue. Written letter-ish style
A certain time ago, I desired freedom. A specific time ago, I acquired freedom. And a special time ago, I knew freedom. But I had to go through trials none could imagine to learn freedom, trials you could never understand because you could never understand the very foundations of my world, my home, although the same planet as the one you occupy, but so different. But don’t feel bad; no one of the One-Hundred knew. But we learned, because that is one work that no one can ever finish.

However, I understand that you people could never truly comprehend what I’m going to try to convey. No one from your time could because no one can understand anything unless they’ve also experienced it.

Over the years, I’ve come to understand that the most efficient way to do such a feat as to explain a situation and its consequences to a person is through a personal story, the tears, laughter, and fear of a person who saw everything firsthand and understood its implications flawlessly.

Lucky for you; I happen to be that person. So I shall try my very best to convey my experiences and their implications. Hopefully, my ramblings will make sense to a bright mind one day (yours, perhaps) and you will use it to its full and powerful extent.

Because after all, knowledge is power.
© Copyright 2012 Dogtooth3030 (dogtooth3030 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870545-Number-Seventy-Seven---Prologue