*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870677-Mary-Bell-And-I--Not-done-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Maple
Rated: · Other · Other · #1870677
A story about two girl who are best friends.
Mamma was angry. Really angry and it was all my fault. I sat at the kitchen table, staring down at the wood floor, listening to her foot steps pacing back and forth and the occasinal sigh and clicking of her tongue. I didn't have to look to see what her facial expression was; I already knew it was going to be disappointment and of course, anger. She would be shaking her head back and forth too, hands on her hips. Finally, I heard the pacing stop; it was time that she addressed me about what I had done and I hoped with all my heart that maybe I wouldn't get in too much trouble.
"Mary Bell," she said, her voice smooth and calm, though there was a hint on sterness.
I looked up at her and the imagine I had imagined earlier was completely correct. Her dark chocolate brown eyes stared at me, arms on her hips, though she crossed them across her chest, tapping her left foot against the ground.
"Why?" was all she asked.
I bit my lip, holding back small tears; I was a big girl and I didn't want to cry in front of Mamma. Thoughts raced through my head and I tried to put the words together.
"I don't know." I finally said. It was all I could come up with.
"You know I don't accept that awnser."
I sighed, thinking 'Yes Mamma, I know you don't, I've lived with you for 13 years' though I didn't say that. It would only fuel the fire.
"Tell me." she said.
"I know it was wrong to steal," I mumbled. "but I really wanted to see
© Copyright 2012 Maple (maple at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870677-Mary-Bell-And-I--Not-done-