*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870734-The-Dinker
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1870734
How I enjoy "dinking" around the house much to the chagrin of my wife. :)
My wife says I dink too much.

For those of you that do not know the meaning of this, it roughly translates to "I have something that needs to get done now and you are taking too long to do it!!"

My wife, of course, is correct.  I do dink too much.  The problem, depending on how you look at it, is that I enjoy dinking.  I enjoy dinking around trying to keep up with my two-year-old boy even though I should be getting him ready to go to child care.  I enjoy dinking with my nine-year-old boy by playing Monopoly when I should probably be putting clothes away.  I also enjoy dinking with my thirteen-year-old boy by playing indoor hockey instead of taking the garbage out.  I even enjoy dinking with my wife when I know we need to get somewhere.

My wife is a wonderful woman, fabulous wife, and great mother.  I hope she learns how to dink and take the time to dink a little herself.  I'll get my child ready, I'll get the clothes put away, I'll get the garbage out, and "somewhere" will still be there when we get there.  It's more fun to take the time to enjoy everything and everyone around us while living our lives.

You know, to dink a bit.
© Copyright 2012 vball1967 (vball1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870734-The-Dinker