*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873099-Chapters-24-29
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1873099
The epic conclusion
Chapter 24

                                       The next few days Rob stayed in the lab trying to make the formula for the cure. He never came out, he made us bring all of his meals to him, and I still don’t know what he did for the restroom.

                                       I went to the cafeteria, Jane was sitting at a able getting a sandwich.

                                       “So, this is where you have been hiding,” I said.

                                       “I haven’t been hiding this is the only place they will let us eat at,” she said.

                                       “Don’t laugh when I tell you this, but I have had a crush on you since the 1st grade,” I said. “I know, I’ve felt the same way,” she said smiling.

                                       “What do mean you knew? How did you find out?”

                                       “It wasn’t hard to figure out. You flirt with me all the time, and you never really talked to any other girl, except for Sarah, and you barley even talked to her. And I will admit that I also have flirted with you as well.”

                                       She leaned in to kiss me, but stopped when a voice told everyone to go to the main lab.

                                       When we got the lab everyone was yelling and trying to figure out what was going on, Captain Alec yelled for everyone to be quiet. He turned on the TV to the news.

                                       “Ladies and gentlemen we just received footage that will shock the entire world.”

                                       The screen cut to Klum smiling,” Citizens of the world, my name is Professor J. Klum. Some of you know me as the one who created the bomb, the bomb that started all of this. Yes I am the reason why the creature are here, I am the one who is causing your precious world to come to a terrible end; but do not fear there will a new place for you to live, “The new Earth”, you may be thinking this man is crazy what does he mean a “New Earth.”

                                       Just picture this a place with no government, no rules you can do what you want when you want. I would be a god to all of you. In two days I will launch an attack on New York City; I have already destroyed several major cities in several countries.    New York City is where the final piece to the Earth’s destruction will take place. In two days the “New Earth” will form. “The screen cut to the news studio.

                                       “Ladies and Gentlemen we have just received the names of the cites that have been attacked:  Pairs, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo Berlin, and Los Angles was just attacked a few moments ago. Citizens of New York City are asked to evacuate out of the city. Good Luck to everyone.” The screen went blank.

                                       We had a deadline to get the cure done, two days Rob needed to have the cure made before the attack on the city. After a few moments of silence the room erupted with shouting from everyone in the room, everyone in the room was scared and also worried that the cure wouldn’t be made when the two days are up.

                                       Robert rushed out of the room and went to the lab that he has been working in. The president walked over to Ben,” There’s one thing that I don’t completely understand, why doesn’t Klum just take over the government here, and take over this Earth?”

                                       “Yes, that would be easier than creating another Earth, but he needs to. You see human blood is not enough to keep them alive, you already know that, but Klum has been making a formula where on this knew Earth they would be able to use the Earth’ as long as they need to, and it will never die.”

                                       “I see, why couldn’t he use the formula on this Earth?” “I am not even sure why he doesn’t do that, it makes the most sense.” Ben said.

                                       One of the presidents security guards walked over to him,” Sir, we have to get you to the White House, your wife is nervous about what was shown on the news,” the president nodded and left the room.

                                       I left the room looking for Matt and Jeff, it took me about an hour to find them Ben was following me. I found them  in one of the labs playing with the equipment.

                                       “So, this is where you guys have been hiding!” I  said surprising them. Jeff nervously put the test tube that he was playing with in his back pocket,” oh, hi we were just coming to look for you!”

                                       “What have you guys been doing in here?” We were trying to find a table to play a hand of cards, and look we found one,” Matt said pointing to a table.

                                       “There is tons of tables in the cafeteria, why couldn’t you use ine of those?” “It’s too loud in there need, so do you want to play a hand?” Jeff asked.

                                       I nodded, we found a couple of chairs for a closet, we sat down at the table and Matt pulled out the rest of the money we had and gave us each  one hundred dollars to use as bets.  Ben came in and sat at the table,” I think I’ll play to,” Matt gave him some money and dealt the cards.

                                       “When was the last time we actually sat down and played cards? “ Jeff said placing his bet. “I think we played the night we were at Scot’s house,” I said.

                                       “Yeah, the night Scot turned out to be one those creatures, what do you think made him want to side with Klum and become a creature?” Matt asked.”

                                       “Maybe it was the constant pranking we did on him?” I said winning the first hand. “Good times, I still don’t know why we did all of that to him, I mean we did something to him every day.”

                                        “He was an outcast, we barely knew him. I mean Jeff, you, and I have known each other since kindergarten, we didn’t meet him till the eighth grade So, we tried to make him feel miserably and  like he wasn’t worthy enough to talk or hang out with us”  Matt said.

                                       Matt was right we did make him feel like he was an outcast. Was it our cruelty towards him that made him want to side with Klum and want to kill us?

                                       “It was because of your pranking that made him become what he is today.” Ben said. “How, do you know this?” I asked him, I sat down my cards and  looked at him.

                                       Ben Sighed, “It all happened when you were in high school freshmen year; this was Klum’s first year teaching and as you know it was at your high school. He wanted to closer to you, and when you went to collage he followed you and started teaching there. Klum was working late one night, he was figuring out the last part to his plan. I was there as well; I was trying to stop him. Scot must have heard it to because he came in and said that he wanted to help and that he could make you guys trust him enough so that one day Klum or Scot could kill you Jonny. Klum agreed he turned him into a creature. Scot has been using you all these years, so that all of this could happen.”

                                       “Wow who knew that all those hilarious jokes could have this big of an effect,” Matt said laughing

                                       We finished playing and decided to go to bed.

                                                 Chapter 24

                                                 I had a tough time sleeping that night; I was thinking what if the cure wasn’t made in time what would happen to us? I already knew what would happen to Rob and I, Klum would kill us just to make sure that we won’t interfere with his plans.

                                                 I knew that Rob would want to be the one to kill Klum, but I also wanted to be the one to do. He has caused just enough pain in my life has he has done in Roberts. One of us has to kill Klum so that all of this could end, so it really doesn’t matter who kills him, what matters is that everything goes back to normal.

                                                 I sat on the bed trying to go to sleep, I was thinking of Jane, I knew that she would want to fight in this battle in the City, but I don’t want her to get hurt. I would rather her to stay here where it’s safe, plus I don’t want her to see me if I do die, I don’t want her to see Klum kill me. The truth was that I loved her, and I couldn’t allow myself to know that she could get hurt.

                                                 With those final thoughts I was able to finally go to sleep. The next day we were told to meet Alec and Dominic outside.

                                                 We went outside the lab, there was a huge army standing outside, this must be the army for the battle in the City. “Now, that they are here we can begin,” Alec said in a loudspeaker.

                                                 “In two days around this time we will be in New York City fighting Klum and his army.  There are two people that we have to protect, Jonny and Robert they are the only two who can kill Klum, so we have to make sure one of them is alive at all times, and at any costs. We need the cure made though by tonight though, so that Dominic can make the cure to fire from a gun that way you two don’t get into any close hand combat with him.”

                                       Robert ran and grabbed the loudspeaker from Alec, “A gun won’t work, it has to be done by injection by a needle, and a gun won’t get the job done for the cure to work properly. Also, I should have the cure done by tonight or tomorrow the process to the cure takes time to make. If I rush it will ruin the cure.”

                                       Rob walked away and went back to the lab. Dominic took the speaker, “We will be stationed in Times Square, and another group will be stationed on Wall Street. Now everyone should know this by now, but for everyone who doesn’t know you can only kill the creatures by aiming for the thigh. That is all thank you.” He turned the speaker off and he and Alec started talking.

                                       Once inside I went to look for Jane, I had to talk to her. I walked through the halls peaking in to each room as I walked past them. It took me about an hour to find Jane sitting in the cafeteria.

                                       “I have been looking everywhere for you and I do mean everywhere,” I said sitting down at the table. “So, what have you been doing in here?”

                                       “Nothing really, I am just thinking about the battle in the city, I am kind of worried about it,” she said.

                                       “Look, I don’t want you to fight in this.” I said “What why not I can fight and you know it!”

                                       I knew this was going to happen but it is the right thing to do,” I know that you can fight, but I don’t want you to get hurt.” “I am not going to get hurt, I have proven that!” she yelled.

                                       “Look, I love you ok, and I couldn’t stand seeing you hurt, or possibly you seeing me die.”  She looked shocked,” ok I will stay here.” She leaned over to me and kissed me.

                                       I couldn’t believe that I had told her that I loved here, and I think by here kissing me meant that she also loved me.



                                                 Chapter 25 

                                       Over the next few hours I had a big question to ask Ben, I found Ben sitting outside Rob’s lab. “Hey, if you here to see if the cure is done, it’s not I have been sitting out here for about two hours. I tried to go in but he shoved me out and locked the door.”

                                       “Really, he locked you out?” “Yeah, he said that he needed to be completely isolated from anyone, including me.”

                                       I laughed, “Well anyways I came here to ask you something, what is going to happen to you when the cure is injected into Klum?”

                                       “I….. I will also die, along with the rest of the creatures.” He said.

                                       I couldn’t think of what to say next, the one person who knows about how to stop this from ever happening again was going to die as well. Hopefully no one would be crazy enough to do this again.

                                       “Then I have to ask you one more thing then, how can we prevent this from happening again?” I asked. He laughed, “It can’t you need blood from either Klum or me to start, and we both will be dead. We are the only two who have blood that is necessary for creating more of the creatures.” We heard a laugh come from the lab. “Rob do you have the cure done yet?” I asked. “No, I just thought of something funny, now don’t talk to me again I’ll tell you when it done!”

                                       “Does anyone besides us know that you are also a creature?” “No, I have made sure that that no one else finds out, don’t want anyone to worry.” He said.

                                       I started to think again about who was really going to be the one to take care of Klum, I knew that it really doesn’t matter who does it, but we should really know before we try to kill him.

                                       I walked over to a deck and found a paper clip, I started to pick the lock to the lab. “What are you doing?” Ben asked staring at me. “Robert and me need to have a little talk,” I said as I heard the door unlock.

                                       I opened the door and Rob turned,” WHAT ARE YOU DOING I TOLD I WOULD TELL YOU WHEN IT IS DONE!” He screamed. “Calm down we I just want to talk you, it’s important.” I said closing the door behind me.

                                       “Fine, what is so important?” he said. “We need to talk about who is going to kill Klum.” He slammed his fist on the table,” you interrupted me to talk about something that we have already talked about!”

                                       “No, Robert you talked about it, all you said was you wanted to be the one to kill him,” I said trying to keep calm. “I DESERVE IT!” he yelled getting to his feet.

                                       “Tell me Robert Klum, why do you deserve to be the one to kill him!?” I yelled.  “DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME ROBERT KLUM AGAIN I AM NOTHING LIKE HIM!” he pushed the chair out of his way.

                                       “I deserve it more because of what he has done to me, and you know what he has done!” “YOU ACTUALLY KNEW HIM DURING YOU CHILDHOOD, I DIDN’T!”

                                       I was starting to lose my temper, before I really didn’t care who did it but know since he started saying that he deserves it more than me now I wanted to be the one. 

                                       “I had to move to Africa because of him, I had no life!” “Grow up, will you, you know what I’ll let you kill him, because we both know that we will be fighting over this all day long, so congratulations you win!” I walked over to the door and slammed it on the way out.

                                       Everyone was standing around the door listening to what we had said. I was too angry at Robert to talk to anyone, even Jane. I had to go somewhere quiet, somewhere I could think. The roof I thought, it was the only place where no one could find me.

                                       On the roof, I was finally starting to calm down; I pulled out my knife and started to sharpen it. I heard someone coming up the ladder to the roof. I looked over, and Matt was smiling.

                                       “How did know I would be up here?” I said putting my knife away. “Easy, in all thought out school, whenever you would get into a stressful situation you would go up to the roof to calm down, I know you a lot better than you think.” He said still laughing.

                                       “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” I said laughing.

                                         “So, do you remember the time when we told Scot that a girl had left him note in a stall in the girl’s restroom, and then when he went he went to grab the note, it released a bucket connected to a string, and some type of  smelly water fell on him?” he said laughing.

                                       “Yes, I remember it.” I said. “Not only did he believe that a girl had left him a note but he really believed that they would leave in a bathroom stall. The entire day he smelled like the water.” He started to laugh even harder than before.

                                       “Did any of the teachers know that we had done that to him?” “No, that what makes it so funny, we never got caught for any of the stuff we did!” I haven’t seen him laugh this hard since the day it happened.

                                       “So, why where you and Rob arguing about who would kill Klum?” he said, finally calming down. “I really don’t know, we both have different reasons for wanting to, I knew that neither of us was really going to win so I just said that he could.” I said looking up at the sky.

                                       “You’re not really going to are you? “ “No, I am going to do it, I have dealt with Klum longer than him. And do want to know something I was talking to Ben and he said that Klum and him were the only two that had blood to make more of the creatures, but as soon as he said that I heard Robert laugh.” I said.

                                       “What do you think he is hiding something or knows something that Ben Doesn’t?”

                                       “I am not sure it was probably nothing but it was just so weird though, he’s really starting to make me worry though.” I said.

                                       It was starting to get dark out, “Well, we had better get back inside or they’ll lock us out,” Matt said.

                                                 

                                                 Chapter 26

                                       I woke up to Screaming of,” The cure has been made!” I rushed over to Jane. “Jonny, Robert made the cure, we can finally stop Klum!”

                                       Tons of feelings we going through me, anger was the biggest and most powerful felling that I felt. I should have been happy, but hearing the word Cure, and Robert’s name, reminded me of our last conversation.

                                       Jane said one thing that was incorrect though we still couldn’t stop Klum, he was sure to outnumber us, and have more powerful attacks than us.

                                       “Alright now that the cure is done we need to go to the city, Alec has both team already in New York planning on where we will attack from.” Dominic said lighting a cigarette. A truck was waiting for us, I was about to get in the truck when Jane pulled me,” Please be careful, don’t do anything stupid,” she said, she gave me one final kiss and I got into the truck.

                                       “Now, when we get to the City, I want the Cure to be somewhere safe, most likely with whoever is going to use it against Klum. Do you know who is going to do it yet?” Dominic said tossing the cigarette out the window and lighting another one.

                                       The rest of the ride was quite, which was good, because I had to think of a way to get the cure off of Rob without damaging the cure. I rolled down the window because the smoke from Dominic’s cigarettes was staring to make me sick, he had to of had at least five cigarettes since the time we left the lab. 

                                       We arrived at the city and it looked entirely different than when I was last there, people must have panicked when they heard that a tsunami was going to hit, which never happened. The city was prepared for war, the once highly populated city, was now a ghost town, filled with military vehicles, police, barricades, barbed wire barricades and cars were filliped over to add extra protection.

                                       Our base was set up in Times Square; it also looked different compared to when I was last there or even when I saw it on TV last New Year’s. It was a little too quiet for this to be New York City, but by tomorrow this place would be a war zone.  At the base all types of weapons were lined up form pistols to rocket launchers.

                                       I stood there looking at all the weapons that were going to be used, I was eager to use all of them.

                                       “All right every one over here. First I want the power to all of these buildings turned off, actually cut all of the power to the entire city, but leave the power on near the Empire State Building; I want them to think that is where we are set up at. Captain Dominic has already told you that Jonny and Robert are to be protected at any costs. Remember to aim for the thighs. I want to try and push the Klum’s forces towards Wall Street then the group set up there can flank them. If we do have to fall back try not to fall back too far. Finally at midnight be prepared for them to attack he never gave a time that he was going to attack.” Alec said.

                                       There was really nothing to do at the base, talking to anybody was too hard because everyone was running around; trying to make sure everything was working properly. The tanks were being checked every hour so to make sure they were still working, and signal tests on the radio were done every hour as well. We had a weapon check every thirty minutes. 

                                       Around ten, some of the men were starting to get nervous we really didn’t know when Klum would attack, it could happen right now, or in the afternoon tomorrow. If I knew Klum and sadly I do, he would attack when we least expect it.

                                       Robert was walking around with the cure in his hand everywhere he went he was starting to become a little crazy he was even starting to talk to himself. Ben was giving Alec and Dominic tips on the best ways to take down the creatures. Matt was making people laugh as usual. Jeff was just trying to find food to eat. Me I was just walking around thinking of the day after all of this would be over.  How we all could go back to Ohio and just hang out at one of our houses and just be our selves again.

                                                                                  

                                       Midnight came and everyone had a weapon in their hand or close to them. I was starting to get tired I had to get some sleep I would need all my energy for today. I told Matt that I was going to sleep and found a spot in one of the tents that was set up. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

                                                 Chapter 27

                                       I woke up and looked at my watch it was already noon. I went outside. Everyone was looking at the sky, I looked up as well. The sky was red; it looked like a bomb had gone off in the sky. Robert came out of one of the tents he almost dropped the cure when he saw the sky.

                                       “Ben why is Klum making his final attack here, there has to be a reason.” I said still looking at the sky.

                                       “He’s using this has a way to leave the Earth. “He looked at the ground. “Before you were born he built a ship deep below the ground, in the city. He built the first space ship ever and buried so that when this day comes he would have a way off the Earth before…. Before the Earth explodes.”

                                       “What happens to us when it explodes?” I asked.

                                       “Anyone who is not on the ship will die; he has already put people on the ship when he first made the ship. He put them in a deep sleep so that once the “New Earth” is made they would still be young and wouldn’t remember a thing form their old live.”

                                       “We need to find that ship then and use it for or selves.”

                                       Ben began to laugh,” It’s that not simple Jonny. Klum is the only person who knows where it is. This was one of the few things he told me about. Besides even if we knew where it was we wouldn’t be able to fly it he would have made too complicated for anyone to understand including me. Jonny don’t worry about the ship as long as we can inject Klum with the cure the world is safe. “Ben started to walk then stopped.

                                        “There’s something I need to tell you, something I should have told you a while ago. When the cure is injected into Klum not only will he die but all the other creature will die.” He stopped          .

                                       “Well isn’t that what we want?” I said laughing.

                                       “Yes it is what we want but I will also die.”

                                       I didn’t know what to say Ben couldn’t die how would we stop another outbreak if one were to happen, we need Ben for the cure. “But why would you die you’re not one of them well you are but you’re not evil like them.”

                                       “It doesn’t matter if I am good or bad the cure kills anyone with the creatures DNA. I am not sure if you and Robert will survive after all you both have his DNA hopefully the human DNA over his.”

                                       “But what we do if this were to happen again? We need you to make the cure.” 

                                       He shook his head and smiled, “this will never happen again once Klum is dead his plans and ideas will go with him.”

                                        I heard a call one of the captain’s call for a weapon and ammo check. We both went over with our weapons. When was Klum going to attack the suspense was killing me as well as everyone else. Two hours went by since I talked to Ben and there was no sign of Klum attacking. It was unlike Klum to keep anyone waiting he was always on time the again he never gave a specific time that he was going to attack but we were ready now we all wanted to fight and end all of this.

                                       I reached into my pocket I felt something long as pointy. I smiled and pulled it out, I still had Josh’s pen. I pulled it out and looked it at it looked just like an ordinary pen it even has ink. I wondered what it used for ammo though and where you would even put the ammo at. I put it back in my pocket. “This will defiantly come in handy in the war.” 

                    

                                                 Chapter 28

                                         I saw Dominic and Alec talking to Ben they both looked angry Ben tried to talk but they cut him off every time. I walked over to see what was going on. “We saw you going into the subway. What where you doing done there? What are you planning?” Alec yelled.

                                       “Nothing I just wanted to take a walk that’s all.”

                                       “Bull crap you planning something I think you’re working with Klum.” Dominic yelled throwing a cigarette on the floor and then lighting another one.

                                       “You really think that he’s working with Klum? He’s the one who has told us about everything that is happening. Besides if he was really working with Klum why would he give us the blood for the cure?” I yelled

                                       “It doesn’t matter he was in the subway and I want to know why!” Alec said.

                                       “Fine I’ll tell you. I saw Klum going into the subway.”

                                       “WHAT!” All three of yelled.

                                       “You saw Klum and didn’t think of telling us!” Dominic yelled. “God he could be planning on attacking us right now. Hell he could be using the subway as his way of attacking. Why would you not tell us this type of information?”

                                       “He’s not going to attack from the subway that’s not why he was down there he was looking for something and he found it.” 

                                       “What did he find? Is it some type of weapon?” Alec asked

                                       “He found a ship, a ship that he’s going to use to escape the Earth before it explodes.”

                                       “Where is it we need to find it if that’s how he going to escape then we need to destroy it!”

                                       “You won’t be able to destroy it you don’t have the fire power for it!” Ben said

                                       “Were the military we can destroy anything! Now where is it?” Dominic said

                                       “I can’t tell you but I can show you.” Ben said

                                       With that they got a team of five and Ben led us to the subway. Once we were in the subway Ben started to feel a wall. “Yes,” he said pushing on the wall. The wall opened. There was a tunnel behind the wall it was dark and I could hear the sound of dripping water. As I entered the tunnel I felt the walls it was moist my entire hand was wet after I removed my hand form the wall. The farther we went into the tunnel the colder and wetter the walls felt.

                                       It felt like we were walking for hours but it was only about twenty minutes. I was about to ask how much longer till we got to the ship but then I saw it. The ship was huge. It looked as if it was a big as the Empire State building. “My God I don’t think we’ll have enough fire power for this.” Dominic said.

                                       “How are we going to destroy this thing?” Alec said looking at Ben.

                                       “I don’t know all I know was where to find it and Klum’s intentions with it.” Ben said.

                                       “Is there a way to get into the ship?” I asked

                                       Ben nodded his head and walked over to the ship. He started knocked on the base and kept knocking on till he heard a small echo. He lifted form the bottom and a door slowly opened; fog spewed from the door and covered us. We entered the ship the ship was like the type of ship you would see in a horror film. Alec placed a bomb on the inter of the door we entered.

                                       We came to a room with a bunch of chambers they were scattered around the room. I walked over to one of the chambers and looked in the small window that was on it. Inside the chamber was the face of a women her face looked cold and lifeless there was also tubes covering her face and body red liquid was running through the tubes her blood was being sucked form her body. Alec looked into the chamber and jumped back in surprise. “There’s someone in here!” he said looking at the rest of the chambers.

                                       “This is one of Klum’s blood factories he would need food till the “New Earth” is created. All of these chambers are sucking their bodies clean.” Ben said.

                                       “We can’t blow the ship up know we have to try and save them!”

                                       “It’s no use their already dead we have to destroy this ship!”

                                       Alec and Dominic started to place bombs around the room. We continued to walk around the ship placing bombs at spots that looked to be the ships weak spot. I saw a door with Klum’s name on it I turned the door knob and it opened I entered the room. In the middle of the room was video proctor sitting on a table. I walked over and turned it on. Footage shot on the wall.

                                       “My name is Professor John Klum. I have been working on a way to reproduce myself. As you can see I am not human. I was able to inject my DNA into the blood of a pig it started to turn into me but after a minute the poor thing died.” He showed a picture of the pig it looked almost like him the pig’s body was split in half.

                                       The footage then changed to an older Klum there was male human behind him. “This is my first attempt at trying to turn a human into what I am. Two months ago I tuned a dog, a cat and a cow into me to my surprise they are still alive today. I am now going to attempt to turn this human into a creature like me.” Klum pulled a needle and walked over to the male. He injected the needle into the male’s thigh. Within second the male began to turn but it didn’t look anything like Klum it looked like the creature we have been fighting. The creature lunged at Klum. The video went black.

                                       Another video played. Klum was covered in blood and panting. Although my first attempt was a success something went wrong the subject had a side effect it wanted to kill me I was able to kill by damaging it thigh I don’t know why but its thigh is its weak spot. I thought of something though after I killed it this creature was a lot stronger than me something that I am not. I took it blood and mixed it’s with mine I am going to try and make myself into what that thing was maybe then I can start on my plan.” He took out a needle. He hesitated as he raised the need le in the air; he then injected the needle into his thigh. He began to shake; blood began to pour from his eyes and mouth. Klum then lunged at the camera.     

                                       Another video played this time Klum looked like the creature he is toady there was a small boy sitting on a table. “As you can see my plan worked I am now stronger than I was before but I am not done I need something a lot stronger than me for my plan. My plan is to make a “New Earth” I am going to inject my son Jonny Klum with my blood if this works Jonny can help me with creating this “New Earth.” He then injected me with the needle I couldn’t believe what I saw I turned into one of the creatures. The video stopped.

                                       “I didn’t want you to see this Jonny.” I turned around and Ben was standing at the door.

                                       “You knew that I am one of these things and you never told me!”

                                       “I couldn’t tell you Jonny. It actually makes sense that you are a creature I am surprised you didn’t find out by yourself.” He said. “I didn’t want to tell you because I felt it would be a distraction I was going to tell you eventually. “

                                       “Why have I not turned into a creature yet then?” I yelled

                                       “I found out what Klum did to you, I made a temporary cure and used it on you eventually you will turn into a creature.”

                                       “Does Robert have any of the creatures DNA in him? Will he turn into a creature as well?”

                                       “Yes you both have the creature DNA in you and yes he will turn in to a creature.”

                                       I was about to ask him something else but the ground began to shake and I heard an explosion from above us. Alec ran into the room and started to yell, “We need to get out of here now! Matt contacted me through a radio and said they were just attacked!”   

                                       “Ben before we leave I need to ask you something. Will I die when the cure in injected into Klum?”

                                       “Possibly the cure does destroy anyone with the creature’s DNA, but I am hoping that you have more human DNA than the creatures.” He looked nervous as he said the last part.

                                                           Chapter 29

                                       When we arrived at the camp a couple of the tanks and tents were on fire. Three bodies were lying on the ground they were both ripped apart. “What happened?” Alec yelled at Matt 

                                        “We were having a weapon check and about five of those things came out of nowhere and attacked the tanks and where some of the weapons were being stored.” Matt said.

                                       Dominic pulled out the detonator for the bombs he was about to blow the ship up when the ground began to shake and we heard a blood curling scream. “Everyone get in position now!” Alec and Dominic yelled.

                                       The ground shook harder as the screams of the creatures got louder and closer.  Thunder roared and lighting lit the night sky. Every time there was lighting we could see the creatures getting closer.  I held my gun tighter with each roar of thunder. The screams of the creatures stopped and the ground also stopped shaking. Lighting lit the sky again this time we couldn’t see the creatures we started to look around for them but they were nowhere to be seen. I looked at the surroundings building lighting flashed again and I could see the creatures crawling on the buildings. I nudged Dominic’s arm and pointed at the buildings he nodded his head and made a signal to everyone. Everyone looked at the buildings and aimed their guns at the creatures. The creatures must have noticed because they lunged at us we started to fire at the creatures. The war had begun.

                                       Within seconds the creatures had surrounded us, I looked around trying to find Robert. I fired at a creature that flew from a building at me. I didn’t kill the creature though I couldn’t get a good shot at its thigh I had shot it in its head. The creature got up half of its face covered in thick blood it ran at me I tried to cock my gun but it jammed the creature was getting I started to panic. The creature grabbed me I pulled a knife and ran it into the creature’s thigh I pushed the creature away from me.

                                       Grenades were being tossed in the air and were exploding the creatures began to run away from us. The tanks that were still working fired at the retreating creatures. There was then a bone chilling scream that was louder than the rest of the creatures the tanks continued to fire thick smoke cover the area. “Hold your fire!” someone had yelled. The ground started to shake again. There was another scream after a few second a flaming car came soaring through the smoke it hit one of the tanks and exploded and impact.

                                       Something big was coming at us it was getting closer the remaining tanks started to fire two more flaming cars hit the tanks. Another scream this time it was in front of us I could hear it breathing. The smoke cleared and a huge creature was standing staring at us it looked like it was about thirty stories high. “FIRE!” the last of the tanks began to fire at the creature. The creature roared the blast of the tanks did nothing to the creature it started to slowly walk towards. I looked at the creature at the top on its head was Klum and Scot they were both smiling has the creature stepped on the retreating soldiers.

                                                 Ben ran to Alec, “When the creature screams send missiles from any plane in its mouth that’s it weakness!”

                                                 “I need two jets now! When the creature opens it month fire the missiles in its mouth!”

                                                 Within seconds two jets sped towards the creature they circled around the creature’s head it screamed at the jets. The jets fired at the creature, it swallowed the two missiles. I could see Klum’s face he looked worried. The creature burped and then it exploded. The explosion made all the windows on the buildings break glass fell on my head.  The creature’s blood covered us its blood burned as it touched my skin. I looked around for Klum hopefully he teleported before it exploded. I saw Klum jump on a soldier back he drove his nails into his neck blood squirted from his neck. Robert ran past me I grabbed him by the arm.

                                                 “What are you doing? I need to inject the cure!” He yelled.

                                                 “I know but we need to take care of Scot first!” I could see Scot stabbing anyone who came close to Klum. He grabbed on soldier by the neck and slit his neck with a long knife. Scot licked the blood off of his hands and knife.

                                                 “Ok you take care of Scot when you’re done with him come back here and tell me.” With that I ran to Scot as I was running a creature jumped on my back he pinned me to the ground. I grabbed it mouth so it could bite me, I pulled out a gun and pressed it towards the creature’s mouth. I squeezed trigger. I shot the creature about four times it got off of me screaming I could see a huge hole in the back of the creature’s mouth it lunged at me at shot the creature in the thigh.

                                                 I saw Scot eating a soldier. “Hey Scot!” I yelled shooting at him. He teleported before the bullet could hit him. I felt a crushing blow against my skull. Scot was standing beside me I turned around to shoot him but he hit me hard enough to make me fall. My gun was two feet away from me I started to crawl towards it. Scot started to laugh as he waked slowly to me. I heard him pull his knife out I reached for my gun Scot drove his knife into my flesh. Scot picked me up by my throat and help me in the air he started to laugh I pulled the knife out my hand and drove it into his chest.  He let me go and screamed in pain I pulled out my knife and went in for the kill before I could kill him he grabbed me and threw me. I yelped in pain as I hit the side of a blown up car. I laid on my stomach waiting for Scot to finish me I had nothing to defend myself I dropped my knife as I was flying in the air.

                                                 I could her Scot walking towards me I opened my eyes and saw a long piece of metal I put my hand over it and waited for Scot. It felt like time was frozen I couldn’t hear the bullets or the sound of the explosions all I could hear was my breathing and the slow footsteps of Scot. “You foolish idiot, Did you really think that you and a bunch of worthless humans could actually defeat us?” He said crouching next to me I could feel his breath on my neck. “You’re pathetic!” I could see him raise his knife before he could kill me I quickly took the metal and drove it into his chest. He pulled the metal out and fell to his knees. I slowly got up and walked over to him. I pulled up the metal piece out of his chest it was covered in his blood I looked at him and then at the metal I grabbed his neck and slowly drove the metal into his throat. He began to shake I thought about the time at his house when I found out that he was working with Klum that he was a creature the anger that I felt, I continued  to drive the metal deeper into his throat. I stopped when I felt the sting of his blood covering my hand. He fell on his back the metal was still stuck in his throat. I walked over to my gun I could hear Scot choking on his blood. When I walked back to him he was lying in a pool of blood. I aimed the gun at his thigh and pulled the trigger.

                                       Scot was dead now it time for Klum. I rushed over to Robert to let him know that Scot was dead. “He’s dead you can kill Klum now!”

                                       “Took you long enough!” he yelled

                                       “Go now I’ll cover you!” I yelled he started to run to Klum I started to shoot any creature that got in his way. Klum looked up from his meal  and saw Robert he picked up a car and threw it at him “Robert look out!” I yelled but it was too late the car hit Robert I could see Klum laughing as he went back to his meal. I ran over to Robert the car pinned his legs he was still alive. I tried to lift the car off of his legs but it wouldn’t budge Matt and Jeff must have saw what happened  because they ran over and tried to help me . It no use we car was stuck and wouldn’t move. I knew what had to be done Robert wouldn’t like but it had to happen.

                                       “Rob give me the cure. It’s the only way to end this we can’t get you out in time. Please give me the cure.” He nodded and reached out his hand to give me the cure. “Matt, Jeff stay here with Robert I am going after Klum I need you to cover me. “ They both nodded. I started to run over to Klum. As I was running two creatures jumped out in front of me before they could attack me two bullets hit them in the forehead.  I was five feet away from Klum when I stopted. “Klum it’s over!” I yelled firing my gun at him he dodged the bullet and then laughed.

                                       “Your too late Jonny pretty soon you will be a creature as well and you will help me!” He pulled out a remote and pressed a button. The ground began to shake I could see the ground begin to split apart. Klum began to smile. The gap in the ground began to get bigger and something was coming out of it. It was the ship the ship was coming out of the ground. I stood there stiff watching the ship come out of the ground. The ship was about three feet in the air when I started to run after it I jumped and grabbed on to the ship. By the time I pulled myself on to it Klum was already grabbing me.

                                       He struck me hard across the face with his nails. I could feel my blood running down my face.  I looked at Dominic and nodded he took out the detonator to the bombs and pressed it. Within seconds the bombs blew the ship began to spin out of control. The ship crashed into a building and exploded.  I opened my eyes how was I not dead? Klum began to smile. I saw my reflection in a piece of broken window. I was a creature I had turned into a creature but I wasn’t thinking like one I still wanted to kill Klum.

                                       Klum teleported in front of me he hit me with a pipe. He then began to bang my head against a broken ship. “You can’t win Jonny pretty soon you will be like me. Pretty soon you will need to feed!” he scratched me against the chest with his nails. I grabbed the pipe out of his hand and hit him across his skull. I grabbed his neck and bit it. I tore a piece of his skin off he drove his nails into my stomach.  I pressed a gun close to his stomach and then began to shoot him I continued to shoot him till he let me go. He quickly backed away from me. Blood was running down his eyes I pulled the cure out and hid it behind my back. “I was going to let you live Jonny after all I need you, but now I am going to kill you I think I‘ll just use Robert he is smarter than you!” he charged at me I drove the cure into his thigh.

                                       Klum began to laugh and shake. More blood began to run form from his eyes. Fire began to slowly cover him he started to shake even faster now his face was now covered with blood. The fire was spreading to his chest. He tilted his head back and opened his mouth the fire went into his mouth and then he exploded. The blast form the explosion knocked me down. I looked around and saw the same thing happening to the other creatures they were covered in flames and exploded. I could see the blast coming at me. I closed my eyes.

                                       I was expecting to be dead when I opened my eyes but I wasn’t I was still alive. I guess Ben was right I did have more human DNA than creature. I walked over to the base and looked for Robert. I found him with a medic. “Is it over?”  He asked.

                                       “Yeah it’s over Klum is dead!” I said smiling I stopped when I saw his face. “Look I was going to let to kill him but you were pinned beneath that car it had to be done and I am not going to argue with you.” I said.

                                       That was the last time I saw Robert. A few months went by and things were slowly starting to go back to normal. Buildings were starting to be repaired students were going back to school and the war was finally over. The only thing that was different was that I hadn’t seen Matt or Jeff since the day after the war, it seemed like they had just vanished without telling me. In a few years everything would be back to normal I was ready to leave my past behind me this chapter of my life was over.

                                                 The End?       

© Copyright 2012 fobers95 (fobers95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873099-Chapters-24-29