*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873452-Homecoming
Rated: · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1873452
How are we going to get out of this?
How are we going to get out of this? Dylan wondered as the plane lurched and twisted in mid-air. Dylan squeezed his wife’s trembling hand and smiled at her.

The plane jolted violently and Dylan closed his eyes as he remembered the second honeymoon that they were returning from. He was back on the white sandy beach while Sarah stretched out on a lounger in an artfully draped sarong, a Mona Lisa smile on her sweet lips. The memory of the taste of sun-tan-lotion and the roughness of the sand on her body made his heart race.

The plane gave another sickening shudder, Sarah gripped his hand so tightly it hurt and he was flung back in time to a hospital room where Sarah held onto his hand as if it were a lifeline. Nurses scrambled, a Doctor called out orders and as Sarah birthed their son Dylan thought that she had never looked more beautiful. Tears filled his eyes as he blew a kiss to the son he would not see again.

Opening his eyes Dylan turned his head and looked into the terrified eyes of his wife. Leaning across the short distance that separated their seats he found her lips and kissed them.

“I love you,” he whispered into her ear. She smiled back at him and Dylan’s heart sang as he stared into the eyes of the woman that had stolen his heart seventeen years ago.

“Till death do us part,” he whispered to himself remembering the kiss that they had shared on their wedding day. He could still feel the softness of her dress under his hands and smell the sweetness of her bouquet.

How rich his life had been he thought holding her too his heart while around them the world was swallowed by fire.

Word Count: 300
© Copyright 2012 Vicky bornman (vickyb77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873452-Homecoming