*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873456-Torchlight
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1873456
A cunning thief is caputured, a snide "civilian" his captor.
In the torch light, it glimmered and glinted like a precious jewel.

A precious jewel, sharpened, that would bring me to my demise.

As the fire's flames flickering reminded me of a small birds wings, graceful and wild, the sword that was illuminated by that light was pressed against my throat, letting blood trickle down onto my chest. The holder of the blade grinned maliciously and spat in my face.
"Thief," he growled, satisfaction thick in his tone, "Do you realize, I have you under my blade right now, and if I chop your head off, all of the bounty on your head will be mine? The headhunters, the most skilled in the country have yet to find you. Have yet to, after weeks, months see your head under the guillotine"

I sinisterly smiled, and he dug the blade into the fragile, soft skin of my neck.
"You cocky, ruthless, dirty rat!" he spat in my face once more, his sticky saliva slowly crawling down my face and I grimaced, and then coughed. Thick, red blood spattered onto the man's face.

The man glared down at me, the blood on his face making him look like a demon from hell, ready to drag it's claws down my face, and bring me down to where it and it's master dwell. To say the least, I was frightened. If I didn't think fast, I would be decapitated, mauled, masaquered. I looked at how he had me pinned, against the wall, with one of my legs injured.

Fight, flight or freeze leapt into my head.

And I chose flight.

I used my able leg to wrap around his legs, and my injured leg to kick out and he lost his balance, he dropped his silver blade and it clattered on the cobblestone floor. I reached down and grabbed it's hilt in my grasp, and pinned down the man, and pressed down against his neck, "And the tables turn." I maniacally smile, and off with his head...
I smear his blood against the walls, a symbol known by many that the dangerous, and skilled Elya Jaxin was here. Something that will strike fear ito the heart of whomever find's this haughty man's carcess, rotting and full of his kind, the maggot.
© Copyright 2012 Among-the-Moon-and-Stars (umadbro2018 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873456-Torchlight