*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873820-My-X
by pearll
Rated: E · Article · Personal · #1873820
Ever hated hating something?Read on to know how it feels...
                      The very first time I met him I didn’t think he would leave me scarred for the rest of my life;scarred and a heart filled with hatred for him I have known him for the past 18 years and its still a strained relationship and I am still with him because without him I have no future!I have had friends who are so wired onto him and you will be baffled to know I am not remotely jealous.Its not even a LOVE-HATE relationship.Its just been hatred all the way!!



              I know you are all wondering if such a relationship can even exist!!A little of history could probably help!

Till my 7th grade my chemistry with him was reasonable but ever since I entered high school he stopped making sense to me!He became so complicated and even after twisting every nerve in my brain I failed to understand him and that’s when the hatred started sinking in! He didn’t care for my opinions – he simply  wanted an answer-how bitter it was to me -didn’t matter to him.



Let me reveal what I am talking about.Its something most of you are in love with -the subject Mathematics!And all this while I was talking about X -the variable X!!And yes I have been learning math for the past 18 years and yes with lot of hatred and yes I am still learning it for a few entrance exams for higher studies.

As you are reading this, ask yourself a question.Do you like math?Do you hate math?Or you have no opinion?

If you love math.read on to find out why I am just the opposite!If you hate math you will feel gleeful once you are done reading with it and if you have no opinion read on to hate it!!

Put on your thinking caps!I know math is bone of today’s world.I know its just there everyday every hour every minute of our lives around you!I should definitely be aware of simple math



(1)Suppose a recipe calls for 2-3/4 cups of water and the recipe is designed to serve 4 people. Suppose I want to do it for 7 people I should know math.

(2)Prices per unit at the grocery store?I should know

(3) Discounts on merchandise?Given my fetish for shopping I should know math !

(4) How much paint do I need to buy to paint my living room ?Yes definitely I should know simple math

But think of these!!

Unlike learning English, Science & many other subjects , studying math seemed to have no purpose other than to give me massive headaches and shattered nerves!!Come to think of Science-the subject which explains the beauty of formation of nature around us,which explains mind blowing theories like the big bang, Newton’s laws which tells me the “why” of everyone’s life!!Think of English-a beautiful language which when armed with words,phrases you can write stories,articles to delight one’s senses. Now think of math-all it told me was how many times 8 times 9 was!!Jesus!The awful math feeling!!

                    Also tell me what is this negative number concept?You either have it or you dont have it!!

                    There is more!Consider you are writing an English exam--you can  make stuff up when armed with language, words, phrases.There are various ways to interpret anything in English. Suppose I am asked to write an essay on success I can come up with various ideas to write it;success is money,success is health,success is satisfaction,success is love & what not!Not to forget I can just write something!!But if I ask you to integrate x2(x3+2x2) /2x+2,there’s just 1 answer!And I can do it only if I know what this integration does!And it has rules to each and every method! And alas!Every rule has an exception!Tell me now how can I not hate it. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives I must say! Now tell me how many of us have used “integration & differention” ever since we started working?Didnt the teachers back then claim “These are very important for your exams and also for your future”!Liars!i know the number of painful days and  sleepless nights I have had to learn these!



And try using the word “obvious” in math.You will repent forever for obvious reasons!!

Can you believe  even a  mathematician buries evident paradoxes into naming conventions such as ‘arbitrary values’!Where on earth did these “arbitrary values” come from??!!

It seems these mathematicians were equally insane people just like their discovery!Read onto this-It seems a mathematician once told his girlfriend “I’ll love you till the last digit of pi”!Oh god!How creepy can that get!!He’s supposed to be romantic not mathematic!!

Can you believe even God –the creator of the universe is real only as long as he’s not an integer!!!Oh man! Life is really complex: it has both real and imaginary components!

I am bad at math & so I dont like it OR I dont like it & so I am bad at it  I am still trying to figure out  which of  it is true!But I just know it doesn’t give me positive energy.

The very fact that I have to deal with everywhere is just not acceptable.I don’t like doing things I don’t like! Does my ability or inability to master math define my entire worth as a human being ?Come on!
© Copyright 2012 pearll (pearll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873820-My-X