*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874239-The-Hunt
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1874239
This was for fun. I wanted to try a prose from a wolf's point of view.
The full moon was up,
The hunt was about to begin.
I howled at the moon urging my pack to keep moving.
I could smell the prey hoping they won’t sense us coming.
I fan faster my paws hitting the forest floor at full force.

The pack following me, I could hear their panting wanting to kill, to eat, and to savor the blood of our prey.
We are getting closer.
My teeth snapped at one of the pack members, who were getting ahead of me.
He sank back with the rest of the pack.
No one from this pack is allowed to under mind my authority.
While I am the leader.

I cold see the deer grazing at a closed area in the woods.
It was time for us to hunt.
I stalked the deer for a while while the rest of the pack awaits for me to tell them what to do.
I spotted a doe that was limping at the far end of the closing near the rivers edge.
I found our prey. I howled for my pack they knew what to do.
They ran for her, she tried to run but with her bad leg the way it was it was impossible she was ours.

Teeth, blood and claws were all could see with the fury of my pack killing our prey.
I could smell the fresh meat my pack all ready getting their share of the food.
I lay down on the grass. I have already eaten my full.
I wash my muzzle, which is full of blood. My eyes start to droop I am so tired.
I curl up in a ball my head on top of my tail.
I am a wolf and proud to be one.
© Copyright 2012 Arista Nightingale (poisonrose6267 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874239-The-Hunt