*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874725-Silence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1874725
Basically. . .I wrote this to express my feelings about my recent break-up.
         Without words, we make our debut to the world. I'm here to tell you that we live by the phrases and lines in our head. You and I are writers of a similar tragedy, but you're just unable to see the bright future that is before you. Something must have been stuck in your head. A philosophy that I just don't understand. Silence captivates a friendship that we used to look forward to. You've done this before so I'm not surprised that our tragedy of a novel is stuck on repeat. Yet, I can tell your holding back more words than ever before.

         You were the secret keeper of my darkest thoughts. I could always find you resting beneath a willow with a raven perched on your shoulder. Now you've packed and moved away to a land where there are no doves like myself. I can't imagine why you didn't want to stay. We could have had an entire lifetime together here. Lay beneath the willow, tell even more secrets, write songs about our deepest woes, and one day we'll realize where we're meant to be. For now, we don't know where or what page this story is even on. Perhaps it'll all end soon. Perhaps it'll continue on and on until the sky burns its way to the ground. I don't know, I truly don't.

         I did realize something though. That you were the best friend I could ever ask for. Instead, you wanted less of our words to be heard. You uttered silence and so it was. I'm starting to realize that was the worst decision I could ever agree to. Like I've said, we've done this before and we're both tellers of tales. This means that we shan't be less than what our destiny calls for us to be. We cannot be less than what we're meant to be. We just can't avoid fate. We can't.

         You know what God was leading us to. You were happy with the thought. You wanted it, didn't you? We're simply meant to be no matter what they say or what may come our way. Oh, but you uttered silence and so we shall be surrounded by an echo of silence between you and I. Silence isn't happiness. I know you'd do anything for me to be pleased. You've proved it before. So come back with that raven of yours and meet me under the willow. Where we first spoke our words. Speak. It's what we do best. Here, silence is no one's friend.
© Copyright 2012 Savannah Austin (savannah1207 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874725-Silence