*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876537-The-World-Weve-Come-To
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Environment · #1876537
In the year 3535, humans have evolved into savage creatures.
I awoke to the screeches of another raid. "Nathan, c,mon, they're back" I said to my little brother. The ten year old woke up and slowly walked downstairs. But, unlike most times, the screeches didn't end. I went upstairs to look, and when I did, a seven foot tall human stood waiting. Its nose looked almost like a stub, and its pupils were dialated. Its teeth were a disgusting black and red. Both of its hands had three fingers and a stub, along with a thumb. And although it was blind, I could feel it watching me. I tried to slow my heartbeat so it couldn't see me, but failed. The human reached toward me to grab its next meal, when Nathan jumped out and smashed a metal bat on its skull. The human slouched, grabbing its head in pain. Me and nathan ran as fast as we could out of our shanty town and into the darkness, jumping over lichen and running around sinkholes. Soon we were at our sister town, Decay.

(coming soon is the actual book! this is the prologue. hope you like it! ima see if i can post a guide to this book.)
© Copyright 2012 zommerman (zommerman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876537-The-World-Weve-Come-To