*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876846-Guide-to-The-World-Weve-Come-To
Rated: 13+ · Other · Environment · #1876846
made for you to understand my new book
This is the guide to my new book, "The World We've Come To". It is a post apocolyptic book. The book is about a 15 year old and his 11 year old brother. 15 year old Jonah is born into a world of savage beasts called humans. These seven foot tall blind deaf motion seekers will eat anything that moves. He and his 11 year old brother, Nathan, must survive after the shanty town he lives in is raided by these savage creatures.

This will help you understand the humans and unevolved liveing on this new earth. The year is 3535, and as you read, or write, you will feel as if you are in it yourself.

(Evolution)
In the year 2012, the evolution of the human race started. slowly we lost eyesight, and hearing. Eventualy, in 3010, it ended, leaving the savages known as humans. The humans went from creating new technology to living in hives, all following one female. They are vocal, yet have no luangage. they can barely communicate, and rely on insticts. They can not see color, or hear, or smell. They see differently from todays humans. They see movement. They see blurrs of movement. In a hive, humans live in hundreds of thousands, and hunt in hundreds. When possible, they will spead their hunters very thin to search every direction possible. that way, they can raid and eat many more unevolved then sending them all to one place. very few unevolved survive raids by evolved. for many reasons the humans can not work with humans. much like ants can't work with caterpillars. the humans are not as smart as most creatures, and at most are as intelligent as a dog. so they eat what they can, and have few emotions. they have some basic emoptions: anger, irritance, love(in animal terms, need for a mate) and sometimes, they will even WANT to serve the queen. most humans have a light grey color to their skin, and brown eyes. females are usualy pale with red-orange eyes. males do not grow hair over 2 inches, unlike females which will grow up to 10 inches.

(Un-Evolved)
Unevolved are the today version of humans, living in this new version. They do not call themselves humans, for all humans have turned to cannabilistic monsters. They call themselves the un-evolved. unevolved have not changed since 2011(one year before evolution started) and so vary in color, hair, etc.

(terrain)
The terrain, surroundings, etc are mostly made of sand and pebbles. This is because of erosion made by acid rain, eroding the rocks and soil too fast for earth to regenerate. The humans make their hives by useing a new saliva-like substance that secreets from their mouths. They use this to pack the sand to make huge underground colonys. This take up to a year and as little as a week, depending on weather.

(weather)
The weather of 3535 is dry, sometimes cold and windy. Most water has turned to vapor and been lost in space, so unevolved and humans alike must dig deep to get water from wells.

(shanty towns)
In 3535, most citys have become ruins, and are very rare to be found. Outside of San Marcos is a shanty town called Decay, the main setting of the book. There are hundreds of shanty towns in Texas, many more in the other states. The one place where cities are still found and used by unevolved is England, where a jungle stretches over 90% of its surface. In most shanty towns is a farming area where they farm things including oranges, apples, and corn. Most shanty towns can hold 50-100 unevolved, and about 70 houses. Most houses are made of trash they find in or outside the city, including: tin, logs, planks, iron, etc.

(lichen)
You know that seaweed looking stuff that grows on sticks? Well, thats called lichen. In 3535, it is much larger(3 feet across, 1-2 feet tall) and much more deadly. When touched without protection, the microscopic seeds will enter you're pores and slowly grow on you're skin. They then start to eat the flesh of its host, alive. Most shanty towns have a job called lichen burner. Very self explanetory.


Well, this is the guide to my book. hope you read the book! goodbye!
© Copyright 2012 zommerman (zommerman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876846-Guide-to-The-World-Weve-Come-To