*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876538-MENOPAUSAL-REFLECTION
Rated: ASR · Essay · Emotional · #1876538
An overview of a menopausal journey. A Newbies first submission.
MENOPAUSAL REFLECTION


A woman goes through her life, generally knowing what is expected of her, doing her best to live up to those expectations, only to find herself at a crossroads called Menopause.  At this point in her life, she finds herself evaluating her entire existence, past, present, and future.  This is often a time of the most significant change in a woman's life. She asks, “What does it all mean?  Where do I go from here?”

Looking back she takes this time to honestly evaluate the decisions she has made in her lifetime. She looks at the outcome of those decisions and questions her level of self-fulfillment resulting from the choices she’s made in her life so far.  Some women are completely at ease with their lives up until this point, while others may find themselves a bit dismayed by the outcome of their life choices.  It is at this time in their lives when women often make decisions that drastically change the direction of their future.

At this point in time women make plans to implement changes in their lives that can be as innocent as changing their careers or as drastic as divorcing a husband of many years.  It is after an honest time of reflection that women often realize their road in life so far has been paved with the fulfillment of others and not so much their own fulfillment. They often feel that it is time to make choices that will lead them to a life that serves their own personal needs as opposed to catering to the families they served so selflessly for many years.

Moving forward, this is a time when women begin to fulfill their dreams for their idea of a happy future.  They may have wanted to be a writer for instance and finally begin to fulfill that dream.  Perhaps they always wanted to live in a beach community, where they can relax and draw on the inspiration of nature to paint.  Maybe even just an adjustment of less work hours and more leisure time for hobbies will do the trick.  Whatever a woman has dreamed of doing her entire life or maybe just from her time of reflection, this is the time to act on those desires, as you only live once.  Menopause can often be the catalyst to lead many a woman in the direction of fulfilling her wildest dreams.
© Copyright 2012 Lady Dee (aken1456 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876538-MENOPAUSAL-REFLECTION